Oil Change - What tools do I need?

Sentral

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've just bought a 2010 (1.8 TFSI) sportback and planning on doing a mini service this weekend.

Would anyone be able to tell me what tools I need to carry out an oil change and spark plug replacement? I've not managed to get underneath the car yet, but I believe the tray is attached with torx bolts - is that correct? Also, what size is the bolt on the oil filter, or do I need a special tool for that?

On another note, there doesn't seem to be a Haynes manual for the petrol 8P - I can only find the diesel version.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks

You will need a spark plug removal tool, then just do a Youtube search plenty off video's there showing you how to

Hey folks,

I've just bought a 2010 (1.8 TFSI) sportback and planning on doing a mini service this weekend.

Would anyone be able to tell me what tools I need to carry out an oil change and spark plug replacement? I've not managed to get underneath the car yet, but I believe the tray is attached with torx bolts - is that correct? Also, what size is the bolt on the oil filter, or do I need a special tool for that?

On another note, there doesn't seem to be a Haynes manual for the petrol 8P - I can only find the diesel version.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks

Oil filter cap is 36mm
Sump is 19mm
Plugs are the smaller diameter type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be a good idea to buy a good socket set as the spark plug socket will be included. Guess you’ll be needing the other sockets in the near future, there’s awlways things to fix on an Audi:icon thumright:.
Halfords sockets are one of the best surprisingly, and I favour Teng Tools. The larger sets will have some Torx bits included but none will have oil filter sockets. Buying the biggest socket set is cheaper than buying the odd tool singularly.