Brake pad wear indicator

fast-ferret

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many Mum left when it goes off? What happens when it does, a light on the dash and a noise I assume?

Also - some advice regarding pad change. I have RS4 brakes fitted by the previous owner which have the wavy discs which cost about £650 to replace so I’d prefer not to really, whats the thoughts on replacing a discs with pads? I know you should but is it really always necessary? Seems very wasteful. If I have to I’ll probably get them skimmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light on the dash and a ping - happened to me on the way home today. Will check disc wear, but these are the first pads on the car. I tend to replace pads 2x as often as discs, so I'm expecting a new set of pads will do this time around...

Light on the dash and a ping - happened to me on the way home today. Will check disc wear, but these are the first pads on the car. I tend to replace pads 2x as often as discs, so I'm expecting a new set of pads will do this time around...

Ah nice one cheers :)

I also obviously didn’t mean how many Mum left lol. I meant mm, stupid iPhone!

Ah nice one cheers :)

I also obviously didn’t mean how many Mum left lol. I meant mm, stupid iPhone!

Morning folks

I’ve a b8.5

I had the same dash and ping. But it came on after some country road driving so may well be the sensor. Having it checked today.
On the same subject what discs and pads would you go for ?

Cheers rt

On the same subject what discs and pads would you go for ?

Well I’m going for red stuff pads but that’s not a recommendation particularly as I’ve not used them before! I have heard of others using them though so I think they’re meant to be decent.