My s3 v6 build

Ah ok... cool :)

Garrett v-band has a larger opening but same external dimensions of the Tial.... so if you get a tubular mani made up make sure the collector is specced for Garrett vs Tial... Garrett will fit onto a Tial v-band but you want the larger opening really...

<tuffty/>

For time being I’m going to keep the manifold I’ve got just want to get the thing moving then il look at swap to a tubular manifold next year just need to order an adapter to fit the manifold

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Getting exciting, looking forward to seeing more progress pics. I’ve been looking at .63 on the G30-900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clucth should be delivered and fitted this week, I’m still waiting on around £300 worth of hoses and bolts from tps after 3 weeks which hopefully won’t stop me getting the engine in the bay as I want to get rid of the lock up

Reactions: danny_dj3
801B292D A285 4A30 AA59 15CF9F3E1CAB
Managed to get the flywheel Fitted today and the inlet manifold is all prepped for welding will try to do that tomorrow after work and hopefully fit the clucth release bearing
Also very tempted to order this anyone herd of them ? Or should I just wait for a 3” 2nd exhaust and save some money

turbo with original hot side fitted
7C879B7A 2888 4200 A5DB 9768FDC59883

Turbo with the vband fitted seems to be a bigger gap, surely it should be the same? Is in the going to work ok?

DAF0FED7 10D9 4912 964E AA07171C37A8

Reactions: Asim1
Does the turbo need a bigger wheel no the vband housing has been fitted

Supposed to be a gt3582r and the v band hotside Is also gt35, what size should the wheel be on a gt35?

8C03C635 CD45 4C00 91CE A78E009A307C
No plate on it but does have kt11 on it and when I googled it it came up with Garrett gt3076r!

Almost looks like a GTX2971R in terms of size... based on Garretts site, never come across one before though.

How much would be a reasonable asking price for it I doubt I’m getting anywhere near the £700 I paid but it’s no good to me,
And second thing since I’ve got a gtx35 hotside wheres best to source the chra I’ve emailed Owen developments see what there price is,

Thanks for the offer but Yeah after many years of avoiding it like the plague I caved and joined a few weeks ago, lockdown made me do it! have it listed In a few of the groups.. put it up at 500 which is a loss

Reactions: hydro s3
Now is looking at the time to go g30 770/900 unless a decent offer comes up for a gt35 (real one ha) or gt40/42, and il just have to sell on the ceramic coated Hot side, and hope this thing is a gt30 if that’s what I’m selling at ?

Anyone know what the m33 and ktt1 on the casing mean? there’s also a number engraved on the chra but google brings up nothing

Sad times dude, I’m sure someone will snap it up!

I hope so I also have the gtx ceramic hotside to sell might aswell cut my loses and go for the g30 me thinks although I really could do with out it but I just don’t see the point of fitting a turbo that will do max 500bhp after all the effort of doing a 3.2 conversion probably would of kept it on the 1.8t

Yeah that was kind of my thinking, with what you’ve done..... you should be looking at either a G35-900 or G40 series you could go the same as what I want, the G30-900 it would spool up pretty done quick on a 3.2

Yeah that was kind of my thinking, with what you’ve done..... you should be looking at either a G35-900 or G40 series you could go the same as what I want, the G30-900 it would spool up pretty done quick on a 3.2

Tbh I think even the 770 would do me not sure weather to stick with the .63 or the .82 ar on that frame of turbo

I hope so I also have the gtx ceramic hotside to sell might aswell cut my loses and go for the g30 me thinks although I really could do with out it but I just don’t see the point of fitting a turbo that will do max 500bhp after all the effort of doing a 3.2 conversion probably would of kept it on the 1.8t
I would imagine a 500hp VR6 would behave entirely different to a 500hp 20v. Area under the curve I imagine would be a lot more.
Entirely speculative of course, but they are not equal

I would imagine a 500hp VR6 would behave entirely different to a 500hp 20v. Area under the curve I imagine would be a lot more.
Entirely speculative of course, but they are not equal
Yeah I think they would be different, I’ve just got in the back of my head that I have to get the turbo spec right I can’t afford to lose more money on a turbo if forking out for a new g30 770 or 900 and getting the wrong spec

ordered one of these to complete the set I have all new sat in the packets ,front grills, surround, fog light surrounds and fog lights , scuttle panel ( I’m told no longer available)and rear bumper insert waiting to go on just need new door blades for a full house
0CC9DB08 4B46 426E B724 9F15B212597D

ive been looking at a precision turbo 6266(705bhp rated) anyone used a precision are they decent?

421F1943 C7E2 4C52 91DC 16623858211A
2C250341 839A 49A3 B49D D0E1A4D7A83B
A few bits turned up today should get them fitted one night this week after work and get the engine I. The bay this weekend

Reactions: S3AMJ, hydro s3, Asim1 and 1 other person
View attachment 203614 View attachment 203615 A few bits turned up today should get them fitted one night this week after work and get the engine I. The bay this weekend

I’ll be buying one of those Fluid Dampers for sure. Every little helps with balancing, etc. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the engine in the bay!

Reactions: Tj 0785
Today was full of set backs, Got the fluidampr fitted today Was a struggle getting the extra 90 turn thought I was going to tip the stand over , the Cts fuel rail and billet housing arrived, went to fit the clutch but realised I need the clutch tool so will have to pick it up from eurocar parts tomorrow, dug out the vibra technics engine mounts I thought they came with the bolts but only come with two of them a tps only have 3 of them instock at least it will be enough to hold the engine in places so I’m still hopeful of getting it in the car
BC8B6B67 DB73 4C1E 86B1 A0BE0A927A35

Also waiting on the transfer box bolts hopefully they turn up tomorrow otherwise il just have use m10 rod n bolts just to hold it together