Agm battery question

glenandem

Reaction score
Think I accidentally shorted my battery and its an agm battery for the stop start, however I’ve activated the stop start as it was a nuicence so can I fit an normal battery as these agm battery’s are mega money to buy!!

AGM is a much better battery and charges differently.
You would need to recode the car to tell it you are fitting a "normal" battery.
I fitted this one (£140.00 delivered).
I did some research beforehand and decided it was exactly the same battery made in the same factory as the "Branded" ones.
Had no problems at all. 5YR guarantee from ABS Batteries

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advanced...289396?hash=item27ff05b7f4:g:ragAAOSwA3dYT9AY

Reactions: glenandem
Brilliant thanks mate, for that price I’ll stick with those as the other agm’s I was looking at was like £3-400 from euro’s!
That advanced battery’s is only a few mins from me too so I’ll pick one up in morning, just hops I’ve not ****** anything else as I arced the starter motor when I was removing the gearbox and totally forgot to disconnect the battery now I have no power at all and no fuses look blown but battery reads 12v one minute then put a feed to it and shows .5volts so hoping it’s just fried the battery fingers crossed!
Did you need to code the new battery in or just fit it and off you go?

I replaced my 8 year old OE Battery as preventative maintenance, so just swapped it and the car never knew.
I kept a live 12v feed under the bonnet whilst I swapped the battery in the boot.
My research told me that you can recode with VCDS quite simply, but if not, the car will learn over a few days of use.
Obviously that's replacing AGM with AGM.

Top man I will nip down there pick one up in the morning!
Praying I’ve not done any more damage to the cars electrics

Got one at the £140 price first thing, threw it in the car and started a treat, been sweating bullets thinking I may have blew something else expensive but looks like I’ve got away with it!
I’ve not coded the new one in though but if its like for like as you say I shouldn’t need to should I?

Think I accidentally shorted my battery and its an agm battery for the stop start, however I’ve activated the stop start as it was a nuicence so can I fit an normal battery as these agm battery’s are mega money to buy!!
only stop start batterys can be used on stop start cars i reccomend bosh there cheaper than agm

only stop start batterys can be used on stop start cars i reccomend bosh there cheaper than agm

Well, in many cars that have Stop/Start, it is AGM batteries that are fitted at factory, only cheaper and lower powered cars tend to get cheap EFB batteries fitted at the factory.

I think that you meant Bosch and not bosh, and yes they can be slightly cheaper than Varta - although Varta tend to manufacture them in identical - but different coloured, casings.

You do realise that you were posting to a thread last posted to over 5 years ago, don't you?

Reactions: audi 3 man