Help Please 2013 Audi A4 - Cd drive not taking discs

FliP0x

Reaction score
Hello,

Since yesterday I am a proud owner of a 2013 Audi A4 2.0tdi.

It came with just 64.000 kilometers and is basically like new, both inside and outside.

I am still discovering and trying out all the features and wanted to check out the navigation, so I wanted to insert the included Navigation DVD just to discover that the drive won't "suck" the disc in. The eject button did not spit out any disc, so the drive is empty.

I did some research and found some posts saying that the drive is usually disabled and can be enabled at a car dealership? I figure this is enabled through coding.

Before I get car diagnostics equipment to attempt to enable the drive, is there a way to make sure in the settings that it is in fact disabled?

To eject the disc from the nav drive you have to push and hold the eject button until the disc comes out. This can take several seconds.

Assuming the red lights around the cd slot light up

To eject the disc from the nav drive you have to push and hold the eject button until the disc comes out. This can take several seconds.

Assuming the red lights around the cd slot light up
I think I tried that, but nothing came out and no new discs go in.

There is a red lights on the left and right edge of the cd slot.

EDIT:

To explain it further. When I want to put a disc in, there is something blocking it from going in and the drive won't automatically take it in either.

Last edited: