Touch up Paint Kits - any good?

Reaction score
So had a friendly female passenger open my door onto a high pavement (damn the S3 being so low) and took some minor paint off the bottom of the door. Gone right through to the metal.

Been thinking of buying a touch up kit from Audi, anyone had good experiences with them?

I bought a kit to handle minor chips etc. Good match but would need a lot of fiddling to make completely invisible.

I would say, use the touch up pen as first aid. If you want invisible repair get a man in.

I used a Chipex kit for similar damage on a door. It’s not completely invisible but you’d have to look hard to find it. Good enough for me. It’s a lovely car but it is a car not an ornament!

Reactions: RichardT
Make her pay for the damage.

Sorry, did I just say that out loud?:blush:

Reactions: 4K
I bought the genuine Audi one and the colour was spot on, use a toothpick to apply though and do it in layers building it up as you go. Made most of my chips hard to see without looking hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4K
So had a friendly female passenger open my door onto a high pavement (damn the S3 being so low) and took some minor paint off the bottom of the door. Gone right through to the metal.

Been thinking of buying a touch up kit from Audi, anyone had good experiences with them?

Yes they’re ok but get a better dispenser which has a finer brush. Elite care car do them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the genuine Audi one and the colour was spot on, use a toothpick to apply though and do it in layers building it up as you go. Made most of my chips hard to see without looking hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. Glacier is a nightmare with the cr@p road surfaces we have in the U.K. stonechips galore.