S-tronic lul when throttle floored in D7/S7

Ormesome

Reaction score
Hi ladies & gents,

Quick post as it might be normal, iv searched but not much found. Most problems seem far more serious. Anyway, cruising along in D7 or S7, if I floor the throttle then the gearbox goes down to D5/S5 but I get a lul in power for around 1-2 seconds, it almost feels like its slowing the car down. its pretty alarming sometimes, jolts me. It only happens when flooring it. can't replicate it in other gears. I haven't tried it in various rev ranges in D7/S7 so it could be that.....

Any help would be great. many thanks.

And btw mine does the same as in the videos and some newer Lamborghini models also do it.

Reactions: Ormesome
Awesome thanks for this! I read part of that thread, should have read all of it!! oops! Glad it doesn't seem like a major fault..... still weird thing to happen though.

Get the gearbox remapped. MRC or someone similar .

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

This is normal for the s-tronic when it needs to change down 2 gears at once.

This is because when it is in an even gear it can pre select an odd gear, then perform a seamless transfer from one gear to the other.

If it needs to change from even to even, or odd to odd; it has to declutch and coast while selecting the new gear.

Reactions: HulkRS3 and Ormesome
Hi ladies & gents,

Quick post as it might be normal, iv searched but not much found. Most problems seem far more serious. Anyway, cruising along in D7 or S7, if I floor the throttle then the gearbox goes down to D5/S5 but I get a lul in power for around 1-2 seconds, it almost feels like its slowing the car down. its pretty alarming sometimes, jolts me. It only happens when flooring it. can't replicate it in other gears. I haven't tried it in various rev ranges in D7/S7 so it could be that.....

Any help would be great. many thanks.

A TCU+ tune from DTUK will help this. Speak to @ABYSS

Change to "manual" hold down left paddle and it selects best gear for revs. Then floor it ;)

TX.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Change to "manual" hold down left paddle and it selects best gear for revs. Then floor it ;)

TX.

Ahhh thats interesting. when you say it selects the best gear for revs, how exactly does this happen ? Cos the Auto assumes that when flooring it I need 5th, so it changes from 7th to 5th and is lagging due to not having the gear preselected.

This is normal for the s-tronic when it needs to change down 2 gears at once.

This is because when it is in an even gear it can pre select an odd gear, then perform a seamless transfer from one gear to the other.

If it needs to change from even to even, or odd to odd; it has to declutch and coast while selecting the new gear.

Great explanation. I get it now. did think of this but didn't think it would have such an effect. thanks mate.

Ahhh thats interesting. when you say it selects the best gear for revs, how exactly does this happen ? Cos the Auto assumes that when flooring it I need 5th, so it changes from 7th to 5th and is lagging due to not having the gear preselected.
If I'm pootling along in 8th (!) then decide I'd like to go for it I select manual (push stick left) then hold the left paddle and it immediately changes to a gear that supports about 4k revs. You can then fly away when you floor the throttle.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and Ormesome
I realise you've only just bought the car, but you could always sell it and buy one with a proper gearlever instead.

That way you can be sure of being in the correct gear for what you want to do rather than leaving it for the car to decide what it thinks you might want to do...

:racer:

If I'm pootling along in 8th (!) then decide I'd like to go for it I select manual (push stick left) then hold the left paddle and it immediately changes to a gear that supports about 4k revs. You can then fly away when you floor the throttle.

TX.

Coming from a ZF box (as yours) I tried doing this in my S3 and nothing happened. I think this is only something you can do on the 8-speed ZFs (But I will try it again when going home to be 100% sure).

I realise you've only just bought the car, but you could always sell it and buy one with a proper gearlever instead.

That way you can be sure of being in the correct gear for what you want to do rather than leaving it for the car to decide what it thinks you might want to do...

:racer:

Don't be surprised if he doesn't reply to your comment - it may be because he can't hear you for his DSG farts :whistle2: :welcoming: :welcoming: :welcoming:

Reactions: NevMan and Ormesome
Coming from a ZF box (as yours) I tried doing this in my S3 and nothing happened. I think this is only something you can do on the 8-speed ZFs (But I will try it again when going home to be 100% sure).
Ah ok you may be right there. Tried it today and it drops a few cogs really quickly.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk