S-Tronic drop in revs when stopping

Leegaryhall

Reaction score
Hi all
I have had this "issue" for ages now and the dealers couldn't find any faults.
When I come to a stop in the S-tronic the revs drop to around 600, you can feel a slight judder and then they pick up to around 850 and then it just idles smoothly.
You almost get the sensation that the car is going to stall, just like when you press in the clutch on a Manual just before it's about to stall.
Does anyone else experience this?, am I being paranoid? Or do I have reasons for concern?

If a slow down gradually towards a snails pace I do not have this issue, but if I come to a stop at a junction or roundabout driving normally I get this issue.

Can you get a passenger to film your speedo and rev counter and then post the video? Then we can film the same thing, same deceleration and you will then be able to compare? My car is in for a service at the moment. What engine have you got?

Is it in all drive modes? I have noticed that the revs plummet when the coasting function kicks in, could it be that kicking in and then cancelling triggered by the motion of taking your foot off the accelerator and then on to the brakes?

It happens to me too occasionally. My drive select is always in Dynamic. Figured it was normal.