Steering (ESP) fault. VCDS needed in Leicester

DevSK

Reaction score
Hi all, I was hoping someone in Leicester with a VCDS could get rid of my 00778 ESP fault. Which is to do with the angle sensor inside my steering column.

It reads: "steering angle sensor (G85) no or wrong adaptation"

I've already tried driving around doing lock to lock etc but it hasn't worked. Maybe I did something wrong?

Some history... basically I took it to a garage for a service and they've got a snapon Solus. Whilst going in to clear the service light they offered to do a code read for me. When doing so, they accidentally triggered some sort of ABS test and the ABS light stayed on permanently. The garage tried disconnecting the battery to see if the ABS light would go away (it didn't). By doing this, the ESP light came on with the 00778 code. The Solus they have can't get rid of this code. I managed to get the car out of the ABS test mode with help from Ross tech and the ABS light has gone away but the ESP remains...

If you can help, please DM me and let me know how much £ thanks!

Hi, I'm in Oadby but can travel. Have you fixed this issue before?

Hi guys, sorry to bump but can anyone help with this please?

This any help?

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/168221-00778-Steering-Angle-Sensor-(G85)

This case all started with a low battery and didn’t need VCDS?

I accidentally started the ABS brake test a while back when trying to activate tyre pressure monitoring and it was totally down to me being stupid , although I managed to get out of the self-test and be rid of all the warning lights.
If a garage had done that I’d be hopping mad and would be expecting them to pay to sort it out!

This any help?

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/168221-00778-Steering-Angle-Sensor-(G85)

This case all started with a low battery and didn’t need VCDS?

I accidentally started the ABS brake test a while back when trying to activate tyre pressure monitoring and it was totally down to me being stupid , although I managed to get out of the self-test and be rid of all the warning lights.
If a garage had done that I’d be hopping mad and would be expecting them to pay to sort it out!

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've seen that thread before and have tried the lock to lock method. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.

What exactly did you do to resolve it?

Hi, just so you know I tried the lock to lock method again last night and it didn't work. I think I'll defo need a VCDS. Is there anyone local to Leicester who can help?