Interior light fuse

ROBS3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I'm having a mare of a day. Been changing my interior lights for leds and what a ballache! Was doing the last one, the glove box. I wasn't going to bother as it's so tight but thought sod it and I think I've blown a fuse.

Any one know which one to change, the manual isn't clear.

I have the extended light pack if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I managed to get it off and replace the right fuse after a mad dash to Halfords to get some replacements.

What a job though. The vanity lights, dome lights etc were all straight forward but the rest were really problematic. It was really difficult to get the led to fit in the housing, I almost broke 2 trying to make enough room by praising the metal clip which just didn't want to move.

I reverted back to the original glove box light as I could get enough room to get it out. I also noticed after trying that the led wiring had come away (can this be fixed?).

I also left the rear 2 footwell lights as there is no excess wiring to be able to remove the light properly.

Am I the only one who has had these issues?

I've done a similar job on a bmw and it took about a quarter of the time.

I think fuse was #7 on red fuse board drivers side 20amp. I did the same when doing mine lol.

I don’t have a light pack. Mine took a while put had a 4 yr old helper lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think fuse was #7 on red fuse board drivers side 20amp. I did the same when doing mine lol.

I don’t have a light pack. Mine took a while put had a 4 yr old helper lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the one, cheers. I bought every fuse going just in case lol. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

It certainly looks a lot better now but wasn't as straight a swap as I'd thought it would be.