CH \ LH Activation & Needle Sweep

SleAze

Reaction score
Hey, i just recieved my VCDS cable and i used it to activate my puddle \ warning lights + interior handle ambient light.

I want to activate the Coming Home \ Leaving Home function - my car doesn't have the light&rain sensor fitted. is it possible? its a MY 2012.

Also regarding the needle sweep, by browsing online i found that some say it's not possible while some say it is.
Does anyone know how to enable it?

Thanks in advanced.

Hey, i just recieved my VCDS cable and i used it to activate my puddle \ warning lights + interior handle ambient light.

I want to activate the Coming Home \ Leaving Home function - my car doesn't have the light&rain sensor fitted. is it possible? its a MY 2012.

Also regarding the needle sweep, by browsing online i found that some say it's not possible while some say it is.
Does anyone know how to enable it?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi,
Coming home function is only available with auto lights/rain sensor and couldn’t activate the needle sweep on my 2010 A3 either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Coming home function is only available with auto lights/rain sensor and couldn’t activate the needle sweep on my 2010 A3 either

Too bad.. i've read on multiple places that as long as the car is above 2010, needle sweep should work :\
Regarding the Coming home i've seen people that managed to turn it on without the auto lights..
just can't seem to get mine sorted out..

I have ‘manual’ CH enabled on mine - use it all the time. Flick the main beam then open door and lights come on ... there’s a huge thread on this with all the settings.

Reactions: Abi
I have ‘manual’ CH enabled on mine - use it all the time. Flick the main beam then open door and lights come on ... there’s a huge thread on this with all the settings.

Can you try and link this thread? I tried searching but didn’t find anything relevant.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/8p-vcds-changes-thread.79127/

check out above for ch/lh

as for needle sweep...can't be done on your car AND IMHO I hate it and turned it off. I also dont use it on my other audis. I know it looks cool but after awhile it drives me nuts. You aren't missing anything TBH

Under Cent. Electrics I don’t have the Bit 7 option (coming home active)

However I did manage to enable the option of CH / LH in DIS in the comfort menu under exterior lights but both are checked and marked as ON but still it’s not working

P.S: my car has the LED DRL lights and Bi-Xenon main beam

I am pretty sure coming home lights are not possible without the rain/auto lights sensor fitted, as they only come on when it’s dark, as with the cornering lights.
I activated all these on my 2010 A3 with rain/light sensors but couldn’t do it on my girlfriends 2010 A3 without the sensors.

If you find a way to activate them then please let us know as my girlfriend would like this feature too...

I am pretty sure coming home lights are not possible without the rain/auto lights sensor fitted, as they only come on when it’s dark, as with the cornering lights.
I activated all these on my 2010 A3 with rain/light sensors but couldn’t do it on my girlfriends 2010 A3 without the sensors.

If you find a way to activate them then please let us know as my girlfriend would like this feature too...

Obviously the ‘auto’ version is impossible without the hardware ...

Just managed to activate the leaving home option (you flick the high beam stalk before leaving the car) and when you open the door the timer (i've set it to 20s) starts and the lights stay on and turn off after 20 secs.
But I still don't know how to make the "Coming home" work..

Just managed to activate the leaving home option (you flick the high beam stalk before leaving the car) and when you open the door the timer (i've set it to 20s) starts and the lights stay on and turn off after 20 secs.

Do you flick it forward or backwards?

I think that’s the coming home ...

I think that’s the coming home ...
Opsie, my mistake got confused between the two options :)

anyway my coming home is working (when i flick the high beam backwards - towards me for a scecond and it returns to the original place) - My lights switch is set on DRL when i leave the car.

if someone can come up \ knows a solution to get the leaving home option working i'm sure all of us will be happy

Leaving home will never really work without the sensor - think about it ... You could only get the light to come on by unlocking the car, without the sensor the lights would come on every time.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and Abi
Leaving home will never really work without the sensor - think about it ... You could only get the light to come on by unlocking the car, without the sensor the lights would come on every time.
Exactly this.
When you unlock the car it uses the light sensor to detect if it is dark or not, and then puts the lights on if it is.
You would need to retrofit the sensor and have it coded in, which probably wouldn't be easy or worth it.

Isn’t the sensor in the rear view mirror which also does the auto lights? You’d have wire that all in and code up etc. There was a thread on retrofitting the mirror - which itself is about £200 I think.

For my tuppence worth if i mind you need a new Wind Screen to do the job properly , worth trying this in chrome ( audi-sport.net/cominghomelights )