Coolant problem

Boldyin77

Reaction score
Hi all I would be ever so grateful if anyone could give me some advice on this problem I have just encountered

I had the AA guy telling me it's a heater matrix and an Audi technician telling me different although the technician hasn't seen the car, any help and advice would be much appreciated

It's the part my finger is pointing to has broke off which that hose connects into
5d7c8dbbe65164ec9a5dbd2c6d3acf4c.jpg
3371552fcda0a7fe1854a76c952575de.jpg
41fb9290ec27189f35bd0aaa365c174c.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Looks like new matrix to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A common problem here is people not giving details of the car ?
If you have the details, go to the sticky at the top of the forum page and select new parts database
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-parts-database-links.274082/
These exploded diagrams will show you the bit that broken and whether it a separate part of part of the matrix.

Reactions: Boldyin77 and abmat
1. Ignore the AA guy

2. not clear from the photo but start a guess the part you are point at appears to be one of these where the cooler hose attaches (Diesel vehicle)
to attach to a heater matrix
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...for-1-9-8v-pd105-2-0-16v-tdi-pd140-pd170.html
Thanks for the reply Aqibi. I'm not really sure what the part is because it broke off so I've never seen it

I'm hoping I don't need to replace the full matrix as that's a massive job I'm hearing.

Paddy has said go to the parts database so I guess I'll try find the part there

The car is Audi A3 1.8 tfsi black edition 2012

See photo this is the parr you need to buy

The version I sent the link to was for the diesel but your petrol so just has an extra hose connection for the turbo or whatever else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190117-204310_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190117-204310_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Reactions: paddy and Boldyin77
See photo this is the parr you need to buy

The version I sent the link to was for the diesel but your petrol so just has an extra hose connection for the turbo or whatever else.
That is a relief mate I will try and source that part tomorrow. Thanks very much for that mate I appreciate your help

That is a relief mate I will try and source that part tomorrow. Thanks very much for that mate I appreciate your help

Just go straight to Audi dealership. Should not cost more than £10 imo. Show them photo and give your car reg

Last edited:
Reactions: Boldyin77