COOLANT problem 2.0 tdi

Lex

Reaction score
BAD NEWS i think

on sunday i got the coolant warning light so i topped it up with w12 on monday and today (wensday) its back below min

I'm having a pressure test tomorrow to see whether its the head or rad.

its being done at midland vw and if the problem is just a leak in the radiator i will pay and have midland vw fix it

but i phoned audi customer services about a good will gesture and the nice lady said after i get it checked at midland vw if i take it to audi and pay the £50 for the inital check audi will look into a good will gesture for me before starting the work out.

If audi wont pay anything towards the costs i will take it back to midland vw, they said it could cost around £800 with them but audi costs seem to be nearer £1500.

am i doing the right thing?

Is there anyone who have been given a good will gesture by audi on this coolant problem?

any advice/personal experance will be brill.

cheers

lex

funnily enough, mine came on today too, along with the low oil warning (well that had been on for a week or so)

Its going in for a service in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know what the stealer says

Yes i received a good will gesture!! Although i had the same problem as you are experiencing, then the turbo went too... needed new turbo exhaust cooler cat and head total bill was over 5K Audi paid their 33% in good will. still think as its a known problem they should of done it free of charge even though the car is out of warranty! i had to e.mail jeremy hicks as Bristol Audi handled the whole breakdown in an appauling manner!! even damaged my car after they had it for 7 weeks!!!

shitting hell mate

thats some bad luck, i am really really worried now.

how many miles did you car have on and what reg is it?

you might have mentioned it in your thread but i over read things easily.

i'll soon find out if its the cylinder head which my pressure test at 2ish.

p.s am i right in thinking if there is a crack in the cylinder head the coolant will have been leaked into the sump and therefore if i check the oil level it should be higher than the max which suggests it is the cylinder head??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

cheers

lex

funnily enough, mine came on today too, along with the low oil warning (well that had been on for a week or so)

Its going in for a service in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know what the stealer says

Perhaps it may be a good idea to top them up in the meantime?

One way or another, you're determined to kill that car.
Good work.:icon_thumright:

oil levels were the same as normal, the car had just over 80k on the clock on a 53 plate.

oil levels were the same as normal, the car had just over 80k on the clock on a 53 plate.

mines pretty much exactly the same at the moment

im scared :S:S:S:S

We should all email or write to audi.. especially as this seems to be a common problem... maybe the would cover total cost of repair then!!!

Hi Lex, is Midland vw near Cannock? if so your best bet is to consider Stafford Audi.
they replaced my head ect, my car was just out of warranty with 60k on it, the bill was just over 2k, i paid just £360 there service to me as been just fantastic, i have just had it serviced by them again and they replaced my drive belt & tensioner & cv gaitor as a good will no charge,got a A4avant 08 loan car, i could not ask for more.
The service manager is called Steve great guy give him a call you have nothing to loose, hope this helps.

that gives me high hopes now

its booked in to stafford audi tomorrow to find out what the problem is and hopefully i'll get the same kinda service you got.

the only problem is i think, when they give out good will gesture's they look at the cars history. The thing is it was always serviced at northampton audi then when i took ownership i've been taking it to midland vw because i trust them a hell of alot. however i haveonly had 1 service with them and if audi are strict on the good will thing they might not give me one because of the service and cam belt not being done at audi. :S

wish me luck

lex

my cam belt had just been done at an indipendant dealer too, just didnt say anything at the dealers and they didnt ask for my service book either!!!

Lex, if they comment on using MidlandVW for servicing, make sure you make them aware that only genuine parts are used.

my car has been in stafford audi for nearly 2 days now trying to find out the problem and they said its still being pressure tested but arnt pressure tests fairly quick, audi said it should be tested for over 8 hours to be sure.

i need either my car back or a courtesy car. im sure they just haven't got round to it yet and are blaging me nonsense.

Apparently the pressure test shows no leak into the head or rad.

they dont know where the coolant is leaking from

so they filed me up with coolant and said come back once its all gone.

im dont feel to good about it.

AND ever since it came back the accelerator pedal has become very hard.

not sure what it is tho :S