H&R Spring length

tonyt102

Reaction score
Hi all.

After a lot if research, I have gone for a set of H&R 28826-2 springs for my S3. Went to fit one of the front ones today and the H&R is approx 40mm longer. My question; is this just because of the progressive nature of the H&R springs meaning it sits further into its travel giving you the lowering affect?

Thanks in advance.

This is hard to answer unless someone has the exact springs. Some are shorter some longer I would just double check you have the right ones install and if it’s roughly the right height should be fine.

Definitely the correct part number, I just thought they may be labelled up wrong. I think it’s just the progressive design - they just sit further into its travel. I’ll find out tomorrow.

Yes mate this is right. I fitted the same springs today myself on the front. When i removed the stock springs i was suprised how much short they were than the h&r items. I could see from the design though that the h&r would compress more though. Just meant using the spring compression tool to fit them. They did drop the car about 20mm on the front. Sits perfect now. Tyre to arch gap is now the same as the rear so wont fit the rear ones as i like the gap looking even all round rather than the rear tyres up in the arch

Hope this helps.