ACC auto Speed Limit

BuzzW4

Reaction score
Hi
Is it possible to get ACC to auto adjust the speed based on the speed limit read from signs? I have a setting in the MMI thats ticked, but the ACC speed does not change when the speed limit changes. It does change when I approach a tight corner or roundabout etc.
cheers

Pretty sure as long as traffic sign recognition is activated then it should do it by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The predictive assist system uses the sat nav and the camera traffic sign recognition, page 136 of my manual. Go into the mmi menu, car, left button select driver assist, audi adaptive cruise control, predictive assist....

The predictive assist system uses the sat nav and the camera traffic sign recognition, page 124 of my manual. Go into the mmi menu, car, left button select driver assist, audi adaptive cruise control, predictive assist....

This is actually getting the traffic sign recognition to change the set ACC speed value though, if I’m reading it correctly. I don’t have the manual to reference but if you do then I’m sure there’s a bit in for allowing it the adjust the ACC that you could reference for him?

If not I’ll go to my car in a bit and see what my settings are because it works for me.

In the latest A6, A7, A8 and Q8 I have experienced the ACC speeding up or slowing down with changes in speed limits but not in my S4. Today I was using ACC on a dual carriageway with a 60mph limit the car did it’s own thing of slowing down for a roundabout and then accelerated up to the pre set 60 but the sign recognition was showing the 50 mph limit of the next stretch. A quick couple of taps on the stalk needed to drop the speed.

Yes you can either set it to speed limit or adaptation to the route ahead...

Reactions: Daggerit
In the latest A6, A7, A8 and Q8 I have experienced the ACC speeding up or slowing down with changes in speed limits but not in my S4. Today I was using ACC on a dual carriageway with a 60mph limit the car did it’s own thing of slowing down for a roundabout and then accelerated up to the pre set 60 but the sign recognition was showing the 50 mph limit of the next stretch. A quick couple of taps on the stalk needed to drop the speed.
Exactly this - Ive got a 2018 S4. Predictive Assist settings are ON but it never auto adjusts to the speed limit.

Yes, I sometimes use it when variable limits are in use. Even reads the overhead gantry signs very well.

The latest models you refer to have a completely different system to that of the A4 though. The hardware used is different and the MMI OS also. So it is difficult to make a cross model relationship. The models similar to the A4 are the A5, the Q5 and the Q7...

Exactly this - Ive got a 2018 S4. Predictive Assist settings are ON but it never auto adjusts to the speed limit.

Same for me .. my S4 doesn’t auto adjust, only for corners or roundabouts ,, not speed limits,

100% mine adjusts the road signs, including temporary ones in construction zones and things. Below is my setting for it, I think the only other two options for the ‘use speed limit’ are ON and OFF and that’s the option that controls it for me I think.

b7751c627d6d4ea9647ce8d82b543875.jpg

Reactions: cuke2u
100% mine adjusts the road signs, including temporary ones in construction zones and things. Below is my setting for it, I think the only other two options for the ‘use speed limit’ are ON and OFF and that’s the option that controls it for me I think.

b7751c627d6d4ea9647ce8d82b543875.jpg

hmm ok, well I have "adaption to route ahead" ticked (that seems to enable the auto slow down for roundabout/corners etc). I have tried "use speed limit" ON. and it didn't. I will give "with tolerance" a try.

Wonder if theres an option Im missing, Ive got:
Driver Assistance Pack-Tour
Parking Assistance Pack Advanced
Comfort and Sound pack
Light & Vision Pack

thanks!

hmm ok, well I have "adaption to route ahead" ticked (that seems to enable the auto slow down for roundabout/corners etc). I have tried "use speed limit" ON. and it didn't. I will give "with tolerance" a try.

Wonder if theres an option Im missing, Ive got:
Driver Assistance Pack-Tour
Parking Assistance Pack Advanced
Comfort and Sound pack
Light & Vision Pack

thanks!

There might be another setting buried somewhere but I didn’t notice it in my quick look.

I could easily be wrong, but I think that it’s included in the tour assistance pack.

There might be another setting buried somewhere but I didn’t notice it in my quick look.

I could easily be wrong, but I think that it’s included in the tour assistance pack.

Spot on mate! "with tolerance" is the kiddy!!!
No idea what "ON" means or what they mean by "with tolerance", but it works as I wanted :)

Reactions: tickedon, Daggerit and cuke2u
No idea what "ON" means or what they mean by "with tolerance", but it works as I wanted :)

No idea, but glad you got it working!

Mine works with "on" and "with tolerance". Tolerance just means priority is given to economy during speed changes - see pic from onboard user manual;
IMG 04011

Reactions: Daggerit and cuke2u
My S4 was the same - didn't automatically adapt to speed limits even though setting was on. Toggled it off and back on and it worked fine after that - suspect a bug in the software!

My S4 was the same - didn't automatically adapt to speed limits even though setting was on. Toggled it off and back on and it worked fine after that - suspect a bug in the software!
Hmm yes thats possible. I did go from YES to NO and back to YES - made no difference. Now in WITH TOLERANCE and its working. so if I go back to YES now it may still work, but without (random) tolerance? Will give it a try.

So I toggled from YES to NO and back to YES, still no joy.
Then from advice given on here (daggerit) , I set to WITH TOLERANCE, it worked.
Now Ive gone back to YES... and it still works!

I noticed that now when I active ACC it says something like "ACC activated with 'predictive control' icon".
When I set to NO (and when it wasn't working) it just says "ACC activated".

So yes appears to me to be bug in the firmware. Working great now though.

I tried this for the first time today.

It was set to follow speed limits and with adaptive bit but needed reminding of that fact to actually work.