A3 wheel colour

SM18

Audi A3
Reaction score
hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the paint code is for standard Audi alloy silver wheels is. Mine are all okay, but the backs look like they may need spraying up before they get real bad.

Any help would be great
Thanks

Audi use more than one shade of silver, depending on the style of wheel. However, even if you find out the Audi paint code you may find it hard to source the correct paint. My own experience was that while Customer Services were happy to tell me what my paint code was, they then said that they don’t supply wheel paint. I tried many different paint suppliers, none of whom could help. One of them told me it was a water based paint which was not available in the UK. In the end by trial and error I found a generic silver wheel paint which was a close enough match for what I needed.

I’ve found the code, but surely it’s not water based? And I’ve got a pretty good paint supplier near me who mix all automotive paints so I’ll try them

I was looking myself and found Audi Titanium Grey L8AU. You might want to see if that matches your wheels.

Mine are 8Z8 brilliant silver, so will order some paint when they need doing

My 5 spoke alloys are brilliant silver 8Z8 too. Found an eBay supplier for a cheap touch up stick which is reasonable if not perfect match. Not much better than Etech generic silver wheel spray paint.

I think I’m being fussy tbh, it’s not kerb marks, just a few spots almost seems like it’s been scorched. And I think one wheel has maybe been touched up previously. I can get the paint from a automotive paint supplier, they said they’ll want etch priming etc. Think I’ll wait until I’m in need of new tyres, and do them, just to keep them smart