Any regrets moving to Audi?

Audi try and promote themselves as a 'premium' product but their dealers are just the same second rate dealers as their VW counterparts, premium prices for everything and second class service, only ever concerned with not honouring the warranty - the technical knowledge of their dealer staff is negligible, i really wish the S3 had more decent suspension....

Your experience of Audi dealers is much different to mine. I have so far owned 14 Audi cars. This has involved two dealers, 4 from one dealer and the other 10 from another dealer using the same sales person for all 10. I have no complaints and have received excellent service from both sales and service. Much better than my wife has received from VW for here 4 Polos.

For various reasons I will soon be changing my current A3 for a new Q3. The same sales person as I used before has been very good again and arranged for test drives in several models, including getting models in from other dealers. All I need to decide is which engine to go for!

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Another reason that Audi is slipping down my my list.

The S5, the only other car I actually liked (and could afford) in Audi’s range, is now a diesel...:puke2:

https://www.evo.co.uk/audi/s5/22569/audi-s5-tdi-revealed-with-mild-hybrid-v6-diesel-from-s6-and-sq5

From What....******* PLANET planet do Audi recruit its decision makers from.............Lunacy.... would love to see their sales slump.....Introducing performance diesel cars now even after Dieselgate..........plus the Anti-Diesel mindset..........maybe the next S3 will be Diesel.................and Grant nice to hear from mate...........miss yer elaborate but interesting posts......lol

Genuinely can't understand Audi's thinking here, with all the anti diesel feeling added to the whole diesel emission issues.

Diesel engines still emit less C02 than petrol engines and more do miles per gallon. The UK seems far more concerned about N0X than C02. A modern Audi diesel uses Addblue which converts the NOx to Nitrogen and water and stil emits less CO2. Diesel engines are still very popular in Germany and most of the EU because in those countries Diesel is still cheaper than petrol and gives a better driving experience.
Today my wife has driven a Q3 TFSI and a Q3 TDI both s-tronic and the TDI was much better to dive. When I order our next car it will almost certainly be a Q3 40 (190) TDI s-tronic quattro.

Reactions: Ormesome and NevMan
Maybe what country/city your are in makes the difference, I won't bore you with the story of how it took 3 dealer visits and 2 different dealers and Audi Australia intervention to replace a thermostat and a few other stories. - not a premium experience..
Your experience of Audi dealers is much different to mine. I have so far owned 14 Audi cars. This has involved two dealers, 4 from one dealer and the other 10 from another dealer using the same sales person for all 10. I have no complaints and have received excellent service from both sales and service. Much better than my wife has received from VW for here 4 Polos.

For various reasons I will soon be changing my current A3 for a new Q3. The same sales person as I used before has been very good again and arranged for test drives in several models, including getting models in from other dealers. All I need to decide is which engine to go for!

Maybe what country/city your are in makes the difference, I won't bore you with the story of how it took 3 dealer visits and 2 different dealers and Audi Australia intervention to replace a thermostat and a few other stories. - not a premium experience..

Another reason that Audi is slipping down my my list.

The S5, the only other car I actually liked (and could afford) in Audi’s range, is now a diesel...:puke2:

https://www.evo.co.uk/audi/s5/22569/audi-s5-tdi-revealed-with-mild-hybrid-v6-diesel-from-s6-and-sq5

Soon to be seen in the S4 too.

Seems very odd that just as Europe go all `we hate Diesel` and diesel sales are down across the board, that Audi seem to be shoving Diesel down our throats. Have we gone back in time when Diesel was all the rage?

Will we get a Diesel S3? Or will that be the only Petrol S car from now on? No S1 planned either.

UK does not offer a snapshot of the whole of Europe! Diesel is still a very popular fuel and way cheaper in most countries. It is worth noting that the hate of diesel was mostly media generated due to the emissions scandal but any resulting legislation or laws also apply to petrol cars, hence why petrol cars of a certain age are also banned from certain city centres and that soon petrol cars will be fitted with particulate filters such like the diesel versions.

I understand the concerns of a Diesel engine in an S or RS car. I agree with those concerns.. diesel characteristics are different and for me don’t add up to a sporty option. However, the facts regarding diesel being banded around are just incorrect.

With the car then no regrets moving to Audi, far the best brand I have owned.

+1 for Diesel.

Help my future resale! lol