Alloy Wheels, Insurance ?

Scotty75

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I took delivery of some new Alloys yesterday and am considering insurance . Just wondering if anyone here insured their wheels , who with , is it worthwhile etc ?

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

I wish I did with my Golf R when I got it. 1 month of having it I slightly chipped 2 wheels!!!!

Shortfall was the company I was going to buy it from. At the time I thought gap insurance and dent cover was more important. Plus I hadn't curbed a wheel for 2 years so I took the risk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
I took out the wheel and tyre insurance when buying my last two cars just with Audi. I know they are a bit pricey but honestly couldn’t be bothered looking about but wanted the piece of mind.

I had an incident with a white van driver last year that forced me to ramp the kerb at about 30mph to avoid a head on collision. Both passenger side alloys were well and truly ****** and both tyres had chunks taken out by the kerb. Claims department were really good. Got new tyres the next day and only paid I think £10 excess. Alloys were booked in to get refurbed (diamond cut) about a month later. Probably saved me having to fork out about £500 if I didn’t have the insurance. I now have a kerb named after me which is nice haha

It’s like any insurance, you hope you’ll never need it but... I believe the company Audi use is Premia Solutions but I’m not sure they still do as I think they went into administration recently.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-30_7-59-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-4-30_7-59-17.jpeg
    862.9 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Premia Solutions for alloys and tyres. Paid around £350 for 4 year cover for 19" alloys on the S4. Can have 8 repairs with one repair cost to be no more than £150. I will have to pay if it is over. They will also pay in case the alloy is damaged. It also includes unlimited puncture repairs (if anyone does it these days) and unlimited tyre replacement (no value) in case of an 'accident' damage.

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and RossN14
I would recommend checking online reviews before purchasing from Premia Solutions.

Reactions: Scotty75
I would recommend checking online reviews before purchasing from Premia Solutions.
Personally, whenever I’ve dealt with them I’ve found them to be surprisingly helpful

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
I took out the alloy and tyre insurance with Audi. £400 for 4 years. Paid for itself on the S3 with two diamond cut alloy refurbs (£240) and then I got a puncture and needed two new front tyres (£340).
Got the same policy on my S5 now.

Note that the policy I have with Audi is with GardX solutions not premia.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and RossN14

Have all 4 diamond cut refurbished once and will be going through them again early next year and before the insurance finishes. Superb service, never had a single issue with them.

A single refurb on a 19" diamond cut alloy costs around £117-£120. Their refurb is still going strong that they did almost 2 years ago.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Thanks chaps , very helpful

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RossN14, NevMan and V6_Man