Decent Motors TV S3 Review

Hadn't seen it before, so nice one.

A pretty fair and balanced review I thought.

An interesting watch, still not convinced by the Orange as a viable colour though!!

Great review. Interesting note on the brakes. I've not yet had to use them hard enough to notice any fade, is their much? I can't believe looking at the huge lump of cast iron I have that it is likely to fade at all...

Interesting note about the ABS too, does that perhaps answer the questions about the sometimes skittish nature of the car as noted by other drivers here?

stevec said:
Great review. Interesting note on the brakes. I've not yet had to use them hard enough to notice any fade, is their much? I can't believe looking at the huge lump of cast iron I have that it is likely to fade at all...

Interesting note about the ABS too, does that perhaps answer the questions about the sometimes skittish nature of the car as noted by other drivers here?

I think when driven hard the brakes on most production cars will fade over a short period of excessive application. Some of the cars we "thrape" at work have comp. brakes because of this and you still get fade after a while on a long run.

As for the ABS, I assume that he meant when you actually apply the breaks they come on a little early sometimes. When you say skittishness what do you mean? I have only seen mention of the front understeering when reaching the limit sometimes on a good curve, and the rear stepping out on one or two peoples S3's under heavy braking.