Audi A3 I NEED HELP PLEASE!

Crystal

Reaction score
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have a Audi A3 1.6 petrol. There been a slight problem recently, there isn’t much power in her at all my 1.4 petrol golf would beat it any day but there isn’t much power at all, if I go above 3000 revs an lift my foot of the accelerator there’s like a rattle/grind noise. At first I thought it was my clutch/gearbox but after listening an have a play it’s just when I lift my foot off the accelerator. I’ve been told it can be the cat or it’s the engine. Also when I’m stationary it judders. I just need some help sorting this. Thank you in advance

Despite this forum being a fantastic all round resource, I think most would agree, your vehicle should visit a garage.

Reactions: Sandra
What model year is your car?... lack of power could be down to a few things and if your golf is a 1.4tsi then its not really a surprise it beats the 1.6

Noises like you suggest are difficult to diagnose on a forum tbh so as suggested its probably worth taking it somewhere you trust to get an opinion

<tuffty/>

Thank you for your help, it’s a 56 plate, we’ve took it to a couple people we trust and they’ve been saying it’s the cat and only 2 said replace the engine so I’m stuck on what to do lol

I am surprised that the people you took it too haven't suggested a scan off your car as this can tell you a lot so maybe a quick search off site's Vcd's section might throw up a member close by to you willing to do one ( scan ) for you for some beer tokens then you have something to base things on if it throws up some fault codes

Reactions: Crystal
Also which 1.6 engine do you have and do you have any other driving symptoms such as low fuel economy or rough running when the engine is under load