Help please! Do I need spigot rings?

tonystark

Reaction score
My current alloys are 6.5x16 ET50, with a centre bore of 57.1. My new alloys are 7.5x17 ET40, with a centre bore of 72.6. Do I need spigot rings? Will they be a straight fit?

My current alloys are 6.5x16 ET50, with a centre bore of 57.1. My new alloys are 7.5x17 ET40, with a centre bore of 72.6. Do I need spigot rings? Will they be a straight fit?
You will need spigot rings to reduce the new Alloys Centre bore to 57.1, et40 should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN
You will need spigot rings to reduce the new Alloys Centre bore to 57.1, et40 should be fine.

Just purchased a set on eBay. Thanks! Do you know if I need to get new wheel nuts too? They weren't included with the wheels.

Just purchased a set on eBay. Thanks! Do you know if I need to get new wheel nuts too? They weren't included with the wheels.
That i am not sure about but i would think not . As i believe the standard bolts fit 16, 17, 18" alloys and as i know people run 18x8.5 wheels on A3's i have never read any1 having to change there bolts for longer ones unless there using spacers
6d893e80c87cfa708e8cf25914d9e52e.jpg

Depends on the wheels you bought whether they are tapered or radius fitment bolts.

If they're OEM hopefully they follow the same as your current wheels.

Get a torch in both sets & check the bolt holes.

Reactions: desertstorm and ch1z64
As the alloys have a CB of 72.6mm they are aftermarket. And nearly all aftermarket wheels use tapered bolts and not radius bolts. You can use radius bolts on a tapered seat and they will hold the wheel on for a while. I am sure there are probably thousands of cars driving around on the road doing this but it isn't safe.
Top bolt is a radius seat and bottom bolt is a tapered seat.

Reactions: ch1z64 and NHN
As the alloys have a CB of 72.6mm they are aftermarket. And nearly all aftermarket wheels use tapered bolts and not radius bolts. You can use radius bolts on a tapered seat and they will hold the wheel on for a while. I am sure there are probably thousands of cars driving around on the road doing this but it isn't safe.
Top bolt is a radius seat and bottom bolt is a tapered seat.
View attachment 266654

That's a better reply than mine lol