Crank position sensor

89krisd

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anybody provide me with a Bosch or Audi part number for the crank position sensor.

My engine is APY.

Have tried looking online and I have checked the Bosch automotive catalogue but getting several different options.

Thanks in advance

Kris

Thanks for the link mate.

Going to sound really stupid here but I am new to this so apologies.

How do I know which part number is the right one on the link you send me cause there are 7 different options??
Engine code :)

The sensor is essentially the same on all 1.8t's... there are a couple of small differences in cable length hence the different numbers

<tuffty/>

Engine code :)

The sensor is essentially the same on all 1.8t's... there are a couple of small differences in cable length hence the different numbers

<tuffty/>

It's an APY engine code mate.

The reason I am asking is because I have already bought and tried to fit one but it's too short.

This looks to be the part number you want...
Screenshot 2019 05 27 at 200129

Don't know what you bought but most generic sensors come with a overly long (one size fits all) cable... if bought from a dealer then they clearly have given you the wrong part..

IIRC the APY cable is longer than the AMK/BAM ones... which is a different part number too...
Screenshot 2019 05 27 at 200515

<tuffty/>

This looks to be the part number you want...
View attachment 183381

Don't know what you bought but most generic sensors come with a overly long (one size fits all) cable... if bought from a dealer then they clearly have given you the wrong part..

IIRC the APY cable is longer than the AMK/BAM ones... which is a different part number too...
View attachment 183382

<tuffty/>

No idea how you managed to get it to display what engine codes they are for but thanks very much for your help mate