VAG COM mods

jakeparsons88

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have just bought a 59 plate S4 and am pretty sure it has been messed around with by the previous owner using the VAG COM software. I would like to remove all changes that have been carried out and take it back to stock as I don't know what has been done. Is there an easy way to do this? Would a dealer do it? Any idea of costs?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Can be done if you take it to dealers and ask for any outstanding recalls / updates on the vehicle to be done. However, from memory, there is only so much you can enable/disable via VCDS.

Do you know the "annoying" bits as most of them can be disabled using either Carista or OBDEleven. List below of all the VCDS changes and I am the previous owner would have not made all of the below changes...

https://vcds-expert.com/2016/04/01/audi-a4s4a5s5b8/

It has the needle sweep which is fine and the beep on locking but the one that doesn't work it the tilting wing mirrors.
Only one tilts down and after a few reverse manoeuvres it ends up permanently pointing at the floor. I seem to remember reading a thread about someone having this issue.
I don't want to buy the cable or pay for mods so I will give Audi a try and see if they can overwrite that one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk