AUDI service plan

Pook

Reaction score
So coming up to the first service due on my S3 I was expecting to be hit with a lofty quote from AUDI for effectively an oil change. The opening offer was £251 which indeed is high, reputable indy quoted me around £100. I was then however unexpectedly offered the service and maintenance plan which I didn’t even know existed because when I bought the car new a year ago I was told they didn’t do plans on new cars. It’s going to cost me just over £25 per month for 24 months totalling £610 (it’s interest free) and includes the following:

First service
Second service + brake fluid change
Third year MOT but not service
Haldex oil change
Air con recharge/service
Pano sunroof greasing/service

And apparently, new brake pads if required before the end of the two years.

Now £610 isn’t cheap but to be honest given the benefits of having a FASH I actually think it isn’t too bad. And if the brakes need doing it is for sure worth it. Just wondering peoples thoughts on this, I myself have taken the plan.

I had a similar deal when my car was new. 3 years and 3 services for £399. Needless to say they don’t do that any longer. But I think your deal sounds reasonable.
I wouldn’t think you would need the brakes doing in 3 years unless you do high mileage.

Reactions: Pook
Break it down, only then will you see if its good value or not. Don't forget 1 service will cost more than the other as it will be full or interim. I have put them down as both at £200 each as I'm sure they are more or less around that each.

First service = £200
Second service + brake fluid change = £200 + £50 for brake fluid.
Third year MOT but not service = £50
Haldex oil change = £ 70-100?
Air con recharge/service = £50 max?
Pano sunroof greasing/service = a few pounds!

That makes around £650ish by my reckoning. I'm probably massively off on the servicing cost but it's just a ballpark figure. Now, the question is, are you keeping the car? if it's on PCP then full Audi SH means nothing and you should save your cash.

First service for me on the S3 was quoted at £351 haha! Luckily it was free and chucked on with the car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Break it down, only then will you see if its good value or not. Don't forget 1 service will cost more than the other as it will be full or interim. I have put them down as both at £200 each as I'm sure they are more or less around that each.

First service = £200
Second service + brake fluid change = £200 + £50 for brake fluid.
Third year MOT but not service = £50
Haldex oil change = £ 70-100?
Air con recharge/service = £50 max?
Pano sunroof greasing/service = a few pounds!

That makes around £650ish by my reckoning. I'm probably massively off on the servicing cost but it's just a ballpark figure. Now, the question is, are you keeping the car? if it's on PCP then full Audi SH means nothing and you should save your cash.
First service is just oil and oil filter so £200 is right ballpark mine was £210
In your second service it’s a lot more expensive as they check everything and change all the filters including pollen filter so normally around £350-450
Haldex was around £250 last time I checked but not sure about the new ones with no filter. Maybe cheaper.
Air con service at dealers £80-100 possibly more if you want aircon bomb/anti bacterial treatment, kwik fit £50 ish.
Pano roof I was quoted on an a6 around £150. Some BS about a cartridge needs to come out for greasing properly. They properly just blow over with air gun and spray silicon grease everywhere.

I would say £610 is a steal if all the above work is carried out properly. Factor in another £200 for third oil change that’s £810 for 3 years servicing and mot and more importantly your Audi stamps, if it’s your thing, is still expensive but not unreasonable for dealership prices. Essentially you getting Haldex/aircon/roof service chucked in for free if you look at it another way.
Did they not offer a MOT guarantee with it so if it fails they fix it for free? I got that with my merc.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Pook and Ormesome
£610 sounds a fair deal, and the real bonus is paying it by the monthly payment which makes it a no brainer. Our S3 is due its first service this week (oil change), and managed to get my local to do it for £197 all in.....happy enough with that!

Great thanks everyone, agrees with what I thought, seems like a decent deal and indeed paying monthly suits me. The service dept told me AUDI FS subsidise it which is why it’s a good price, dunno whether that is true. I am on a PCP but for the sake of a few quid in the scheme of things I think it is worth it. I didn’t get the MOT guarantee but it had crossed my mind actually and I forgot to ask tut tut.

Reactions: Adam14
..........i was under the impression that Audi won't do a service plan on the S, RS & R8 models?. Was on there web page a while back, if it's now possible i'll sign my SQ5 up for it.

..........i was under the impression that Audi won't do a service plan on the S, RS & R8 models?. Was on there web page a while back, if it's now possible i'll sign my SQ5 up for it.
I saw this and if I remember correctly I think there was an * beside that statement and it said excludes S and RS models OVER 2.0L, or something like that. I just remember thinking nice one my S3 is therefore included.

Reactions: RS3 S.
.........that could be it, 2.0 & under. Seems a but unfair that the bigger engines can't have a service plan & just adjust the monthley amount?.

Not a bad price...... I got 4 year annual service at any Audi dealership for about 500 quid 2 years ago, this was in Canada though and our dealers are not stealers as UK dealers and Aud UK seem to be.

have you checked the audi S3 fixed price servicing:

S3 QUATTRO S-A fixed prices:

Annual maintenance

Interim Service£195

Major Service£375

MOT£49.99

Other maintenance

Front wiper blades£39

Air conditioning service (For vehicles build up to 30th May 2016)£90

Cam belt£575

Cam belt with water pump£725

S-Tronic Transmission Oil & Filter change£225

Brake fluid change£65

Investigate an issue with my car£60

Brake pads (rear)£155

Brake pads (front)£190

Brake pads & discs (rear)£345

Brake pads & discs (front)£495

have you checked the audi S3 fixed price servicing:

S3 QUATTRO S-A fixed prices:

Annual maintenance

Interim Service£195

Major Service£375

MOT£49.99

Other maintenance

Front wiper blades£39

Air conditioning service (For vehicles build up to 30th May 2016)£90

Cam belt£575

Cam belt with water pump£725

S-Tronic Transmission Oil & Filter change£225

Brake fluid change£65

Investigate an issue with my car£60

Brake pads (rear)£155

Brake pads (front)£190

Brake pads & discs (rear)£345

Brake pads & discs (front)£495

Are these not for cars over 3 years old?

Left car in today for its first oil change, and then ended up going for the fixed price service - £468 for the first two services, which I think isn't a bad deal. You can apply for this through the Audi website or direct with your dealer. The best part is paying it off over 18months interest free!

For anyone interested, there is a 20% discount on service plans until the end of July 2020. I’ve just got one back on my 2011 S3 as they are now included again! Sounds good to me for £384 over 18 months interest free.

Reactions: AlS3BE and SPIKE_
I've just taken one out too 2014 s3 phoned my mate at audi he said its not possible on an s3 but it let me do it online even he then said its a great price and to don't as with the 20% off its 384 for 2 years servicing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk