S3 with 171k on the clock

S3-ROB

RD350YPVS - Loves 2 stroke oil
Reaction score
A bit of proof that an S3 is capable of high mileage if well maintained!!!

171k_S3

Just noticed this on ebay, never seen an S3 with this kind of mileage before :respekt:

At my current annual mileage it would take over 20 years to get my car up to that figure.
Nik.

I know how you feel Nik - just had mine in for a service and worked out I've covered 6,400miles in the past 11months & 2 weeks. Considering that included 2,800 in just three trips (including the South of France), that works out at 300 miles a month!

lucky you guys then!! i've done 33000miles in 1 year and it's a killer!! depreciation and all that plus maintenance costs! at least it's a comfort to know the car will get near 200k miles!

Think I read somewhere on here that if you remap/mod a high mileage car it can actually pro-long the life of the engine, cant remember why ...any experiences ???

i've done 33000miles in 1 year and it's a killer

But in them Recaros at least it was a comfortable 33000 miles !

I bought mine with average/high ish mileage.

2000 with 104K, I dont do many miles a year so this was one of the reasons of getting what people would class a high miler. Within reason as long as it has been maintained mileage isnt an issue for me. I have seen some low mileage cars in **** poor state.

Within reason as long as it has been maintained mileage isnt an issue for me. I have seen some low mileage cars in **** poor state.

totally agree with that, mines a 52 reg and has done 94k, got it at a good price and only do approx 5k a year, and with me being a mechanic/mot tester maintenance isn't a problem either:icon_thumright: (oil change every 3k)

My 2000 X is on 26.5k, should make 30 by Christmas :)
Nik

jojo said:
My T reg is on about 55k atm lol, hardly use it these days....