Selling my RS3 8v but can't decide what to get next???

Arnis Kleins

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have Daytona Grey Audi RS3 8v but it is time to be little bit more sensible as going through 6 tanks a month on average is a little bit too much.
I completely fell out of love with the car as I feel like I've outgrown it and the only thing I like about it is the engine and exhaust, everything else annoys the hell out of me.
Before the keyboard warriors start their mumbling about "you cant run it, don't but it." I can run it but why would I run it if I don't love it anymore, just because it is an RS3, I don't think so.
At end of the day I need it to be a daily driver as I do about 18000 per year, needs to be comfortable but still have enough power in it to move along nicely.

Currently options are as follows:
Audi A5 B8.5 3.0TDI
Audi S5 B8.5 3.0 Supercharged
Audi A7 3.0 BiTDI (facelift)
Or turn to the darkside and get BMW 640D Gran Coupe

What would you get (not necessarily out of these 4 option) and why?

Thanks

They want something more economical, not something where the fuel gauge moves faster than the rev counter!

S3 - i used to get 40 mpg on a motorway trips in my PFL and then FL models. (So good, i had two!)

Absolute rocket, too.

If he doesn’t like the rs3 he’s not going to like the s3
S3 - i used to get 40 mpg on a motorway trips in my PFL and then FL models. (So good, i had two!)

Absolute rocket, too.

Reactions: Marshy
What specifically made you fall out of love with the car and annoy you?
That way, it’ll help with suggesting alternatives.
I had the A5 (but a 2.0 tfsi 211 bhp) and a Supercharged S5. Loved both, especially the S5 (more than my S3).

Seriously, if you wish more comfort and much-much higher fuel economy for a DD (Dialy Driver) try one of the below.
I had a much older version and loved it.

usc90hoc091d021003.png

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid

https://www.cars.com/research/honda-accord_hybrid-2019/

What Is the 2019 Honda Accord?
The Accord is Honda’s five-seat mid-size family sedan. Now in its 10th generation, the front-wheel-drive Accord comes with a standard 192-horsepower, turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine or an available 252-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder. A six-speed manual transmission is available for both engines. The 1.5-liter engine can work with a continuously variable automatic transmission, while the 2.0-liter engine can pair with a 10-speed automatic.

There’s also an efficient Accord Hybrid with a two-motor hybrid power-train
that incorporates a 2.0-liter four-cylinder and gets an EPA-estimated 48 mpg combined.

Terry

I’ve just gone to the dark side BMW from an A4 s line and must say apart from the headunit being a bit archaic to use its nice .

Have halved my fuel consumption as well

I only have the m sport 320i 184bhp but they do tune well and keep the economy , would of liked a 328i but they only imported around 72 of them in the age range I was looking at!

Seriously, if you wish more comfort and much-much higher fuel economy for a DD (Dialy Driver) try one of the below.

usc90hoc091d021003.png

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid

The Accord is Honda’s five-seat mid-size family sedan. Now in its 10th generation, the front-wheel-drive Accord comes with a standard 192-horsepower, turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine or an available 252-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder. A six-speed manual transmission is available for both engines. The 1.5-liter engine can work with a continuously variable automatic transmission, while the 2.0-liter engine can pair with a 10-speed automatic.

that incorporates a 2.0-liter four-cylinder and gets an EPA-estimated 48 mpg combined.

Terry

We need a dislike button!

Reactions: grainqey, Bryant1998 and BD55SOL

usc90hoc091d021003.png

2019 Honda Accord Hybrid

Terry
The Honda Accord is no longer sold in the UK.
I believe Honda stopped selling it here back in 2015/2016.

If you can face the change of badge BMW 530d. A much more practical DD than the 640D from a running cost perspective but I guess it's what's more important to you

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk