Thinking about trading up.

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Hi guys,

im thinking about trading up to a newer car.

Very happy with the S3 so i think ill go for a newer model - perhaps newest 8L model. cant yet afford the new S3.

im thinking of going to audi and seeing what i can get, i know i wont get as much as i would if i sold privately but i not sure if i have time/hassle of private buyers.

can anyone tell me what i can expect from audi for my exitsing S3-

80k W -reg 2000, black, bose cd changer - leather recaros (just had a respray under audi warrent so looks mint - nice and tidy inside.) usual stuff.

and any recommendations / tips for when i go see audi. .

Thanks guys

I went to basingstoke audi a few weeks ago to get a part exchange price, they offered me 4.5k for my a3 (I bought it in october for 6750!), and its still in excellent condition with only 40k miles on the clock.
I think part-ex'ing or going to audi is a waste of time. They were rude to me, offered me a rubbish part-ex price, and the cars they had to offer me were way too high priced.

My two pence.

it would appear, that if your prepared to go private both ways, and can possibly do without a car for a short while, you will get more for your current car than you would trade in, and you will pay less for a newer facelift car than you would at a stealers....

think though, essentially, your changing cars just for the facelift arnt you?

is it really worth spending all that money for a small difference?

I could prob manage without a motor for a couple of days - but the trade up price seems rubbish.

essentialy i wanted the newest version i could afford. - theres nothing wrong with current, i just wanted the best i could afford. Current situations is that i could afford an 03 plate.

i have been mulling it over for a while, i think after bouncing my idea out it would be better to stick with my current - i just wondered what you guys thought.

id probably be better spending some money making the handeling better on my existing. :S

I think I'd stick with what you have and wait till you can afford to get the new S3 if that's what you want. Why take the financial hit for something which is essentially the same, albeit newer, apart from a few styling changes.

To be honest I prefer the pre-facelift styling anyway (stands back and waits to be flamed).

I actually like the look of the pre facelift S3's too - just not the look of the A3's so much.

Seems a bit silly to change for what is essentially the same car when there's nothing wrong with yours, throwing money away really.

sound guys, you have convinced me :D