Facelift Dome light doesn’t work after glovebox bulb change

Fraysa

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

My friend has a 2017 2.0 8V. He wanted to switch the glovebox bulb to a white one, so i popped it open and put the same bulb I have which is LED. It didn’t work, so I went ahead and put the original one in after trying for so many times. The original one also didn’t work, so I assumed it was burnt or something so I put my light assembly in his car and it also didn’t work.

Then, when we tried to turn on the dome lights in his car (he got the LED dome lights) - they then on for 0.5s and then turn off immediately. I don’t think the unit is an issue because the ambient symbols do turn on but the door button also doesn’t work.

I tried to scan it with VCDS and nothing.

TL;DR So both dome light and glovebox light don’t turn on - dome light turn on for 0.5s using the button and then turn off.

Any idea?

Hey everyone.

My friend has a 2017 2.0 8V. He wanted to switch the glovebox bulb to a white one, so i popped it open and put the same bulb I have which is LED. It didn’t work, so I went ahead and put the original one in after trying for so many times.

Some LED lights have an exposed cicruit board and some points of the circuit may accidentally touch the bulb socket contacts when the light is inserted, damaging the bulb electronics and blowing the fuse. A new bulb will work.

Reactions: Fraysa