1.8t cambelt interval?

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
I'm picking up the car on Saturday morning, it's the petrol 1.8t quattro avant. It has 79K on the clock and fsh e.t.c. when I checked the service book it shows the cambelt and wp being done less than 10k ago but in February 2016.
Being wary of "sods law" I'm thinking get it booked in straight away or is it ok to let it run to the full 4 years? Also is it worth getting the oil pick up pipe cleaned/replaced at the same if so should I expect much more than an hour's labour for such paranoia! The car is totally mint and I want to preserve it for as long as possible.

Cambelt interval on Audi 1.8t is 50k or 6 years which ever comes first.
Oil pickup strainer getting gunked up is usually down to lack of servicing so if it has a good history of oil changes at the correct intervals with the correct oil & filters & only on 79k I wouldn't be too worried. Think you'll find it's way more than hours labour on longtitudal mounted 1,8t as it's a subframe out job to get the sump off. Transverse mounted VAG 1.8t's are much easier to do.

Hi Paul, many thanks that's very helpful. Once I've picked up the car I'll check out the service book more thoroughly, There seemed to be plenty of stamps at first glance.
Cheers Darren