Help required please

Steve Hollington

Reaction score
Im not the best on computers so not sure what im doing, ive got a problem I have rain water leak in to the drivers side foot well of my A3 8L ive tried searching a lot of places on here to try to find some answers or a link or thread on here but no joy, can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Hi Steve, the place worth investigating would be the scuttle panel. If it’s peeled away from the windscreen this can result to what your experiencing. Could be as simple as removing it “carefully” cleaning it and pressing “clipping” it back into place.

Others on here might have experienced what your going through for different reasons but this was one of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also worth checking where the harness goes through the bulkhead drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you mate that's a big help il check the scuttle panel and where the leads go in as some has mentioned a grommet in there somewhere that maybe the problem, I have already replaced the ones in A posts where the doors at mounted to the frame, but the crazy rain we had here yesterday left me with about a cm of water the whole of the drivers side footwells front and back I've got to the water I could with a dustpan and old towels and now paper rollatowel to get what I can up before I get a wet vac on it and start removing trim to get the carpet up