S3 is DEAD! Help Required ASAP Please

Ryan_W

Reaction score
Basically opened the car, inserted key, engine check lights went out. Turned the key and the car died.

No symptoms of a flat battery, nothing was switched on overnight and car did 100 miles yesterday without a problem.

Have a blown a fuse or a relay? Car is completely dead, even the hazards won't work!

Cheers,

Ryan

Check interior lights i.e glovebox, boot, ashtray etc as they can stay on and kill the battery. In my case it was the boot light that refused to go off.

I had what sounds like the same problem shortly after I got mine a few months ago. As said above a new battery fixed it. Only warning I got was one very slightly lazy start then the next day nothing. I bought a Varta Silver D15 battery from http://www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/ in Feb for £82 delivered, it arrived super quick too. It fits perfectly and Varta is the same brand Audi use.

If you want to check if it is the battery I don't think your that far from me if you want me to pop down tomorrow and try my battery on your car if it helps diagnose the fault.

Mine has just done exactly this :( Time for a new battery, it won't hold a charge and the little green indicator is dead.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Ended up being a faulty terminal on the battery. Got a new one on now and it's 100% again :)

Never heard of a faulty battery terminal before, loose yes, but faulty......would be nice to know exactly what the problem was.

DC

The terminal (metal nipple on the battery) was loose and out of shape some how. Big screwdriver, hammer and lots of elbow grease bent it back into shape for a temp fix. Then got a new battery and all is good!

Cool cheers for clearing that up. I'm going to try a new battery today (mine's doing the same).