Help needed

Peaky

Reaction score
I have a4 b6 1.9tdi 130. I have limited power no engine lights and no codes. I can here a sound under acceleration, sounds like when you blow the top of a bottle. Is this a pipe leak? If so which pipes should I check.

I have a4 b6 1.9tdi 130. I have limited power no engine lights and no codes. I can here a sound under acceleration, sounds like when you blow the top of a bottle. Is this a pipe leak? If so which pipes should I check.
Check all the intercooler pipes all the way from turbo to intercooler.....

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Had a visual the hose of the top of the intercooler is nice and tight. The hose from the intercooler to the boost pipe is slightly open. And the 90 hose off the boost pipe to the egr is the same as you can see from the pictures. I have taken both clips off pushed the hose in flush and replaced the clip the right way and as soon as the engine gets any revs they pop back back. I have these hoses off a couple of weeks ago and they were fine. Is there any other hoses or pipes to be checked.

Attachments

• 20191104_143747.jpg
    20191104_143747.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
  • 20191104_143732.jpg
    20191104_143732.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
There are clips on both pictures should there be more. There is no misting around the connections so I would imagine there is no leak.

Reactions: sandis pēlmanis
Funny you should mention the wastegate I do get a noise when I let off the revs

Last edited:
Pulled the pipe off the the turbo actuator and there is vacuum going to it. With the car up on ramps the actuator arm doesn't seen to be moving yet 2 weeks ago this was fine and loads of movement. I can move it slightly by hand. Checked the air inlet side of turbo for play and there isn't any. Checked all the pipes for splits none what so ever all the vacuum hoses seem to be fine. Could this be a dodgy turbo actuator. I was getting a over boost code popping up couple of weeks ago the actuator was moving fine so just for could measure I cleaned the exhaust side of the turbo with mr muscle cleaner only the once.