A4 B6 - speaker upgrades - better than std o.e.

74eldiablo

Reaction score
So my audi has a horrendous stereo system, probably about 20 watts RMS if that, the front door speaker is popping so i want to replace all 4 units with some cheap components, any one have any recomendations for me?

I love my SQ and have a brand new set of Hertz HSK165 components in the box in my wardrobe, which will need at least 90w RMS feeding to them in order for them to produce top quality hifi sound, and that means installing an aftermarket headunit & amplifier, to make these beauties shine.

Only problem is it not really worth me bothering on this nearly 18 year old car it's done 340,000 km it could die anytime so ripping everything apart to do a decent SQ system doesnt really seem justified until i get a better or newer car.

So im looking just to upgrade the factory haes crappy speakers with something a bit better, doesnt need to be massive RMS because the amp wont power them enough.

Cheers

I had the Sony XB100BT head unit in my old car.
Has a built in pre-amp (100W x 4) and really kicks better than a head unit without.

For the speakers, a set of Alpines from Halfords are under £30. Always found them average but not rattle too much.

Thanks for your reply, i think im going to have a listen to some pioneers & some alpines for around £40 a set and decide which sound ok then buy 2 sets.
I'm not really expecting miracles and hopefully they will sound better than the o.e. haes ones.

I'm still contemplating a different headunit, probably mechless as i sold all my cd's, if i can find a way to get the std headunit to accept bluetooth then i will just do that instead