High pressure power steering lines.

GYROkinetic

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I'm in need of a high pressure power steering line, the wiggly one just behind the front bumper. Audi and TPS refuse to give me a part number though. My car is a 1999 S3. The Audi dealer (Highland Audi in Inverness) had to contact Audi in Germany to confirm which part it was as apparently there isn't one listed for my engine code.

Can anyone help with the part number so I can try to find one cheaper than £360 from Audi :(

Many thanks in advance!

Mikey (GYROkinetic)

I bought mine off eBay, good condition second hand for £30-£40. It’s the same one as the TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8N0422885A - that’s for the TT which is exactly the same.... assuming yours is an 1.8t 20v. Loads on eBay

Ah! That's not quite the one I need! It #7 on this diagram.
Screenshot 20191107 220100 eBay
Screenshot 20191107 220100 eBay

Pretty sure..... that’s what I said right at the start

Reactions: MPH and GYROkinetic
@MPH It states on the Autodoc website it's for diesel A3. Am I likely to have any issues trying to fit it to my 6 speed s3?

@S3AMJ

You got me the U-shaped one, I need the one marker #7 on the diagram as well! You have both been very helpful though, and for that I'm very grateful! :)

Reactions: MPH
My Belated build thread https://r...?posts/3282626/&share_type=t&link_source=app

I changed the exact same ones earlier this year. Not much right up but you get the idea