Too much steam whilst driving?

Mazza s3

Reaction score
I posted yday about coolant leak. Had it sorted temporarily today and doesn't seem to be leaking anymore. I've noticed a hugeee cloud of steam behind in the rear cars headlights, I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before and I don't think it should be. The car is fully at temp and is being driven around for an hour or so. What should I expect to be wrong now?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Probably nothing, you have gasses coming from the engine at about 800 deg or more, the temp outside is what 7? Simple physics

Steamed up rear windscreen?

Your rear wiper motor is just about to go dead short circui, gets extremely hot and evaporates the water from the rear washer feed.

Remove the fuse for the rear wiper

Your rear wiper motor is just about to go dead short circui, gets extremely hot and evaporates the water from the rear washer feed.

What!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30709058 445332789231647 869716983997514321 n

Rear wiper motor leaked water internally on mine even though it wasn’t playing up (really common issue) but was just extremely hot all the electronics inside were wet when opened up - the motor got so hot the rear windscreen glass was untouchable hot (but did not blow the 10/15a fuse).
Water from washer pipe was evaporated and condensated all over the inside of the rear windscreen.

When the fuse was plugged in again there would be condensate all over the rear again. Changed the rear wiper motor.

Go figure, just because you haven’t experienced it, doesn’t mean is can’t happen

Last edited:
He doesn’t mention a steamed up rear window he’s saying there’s steam out the back of his car when he’s driving which would to me mean his exhaust? Like lots of other cars when it’s cold outside.

Reactions: Abi
He doesn’t mention a steamed up rear window he’s saying there’s steam out the back of his car when he’s driving which would to me mean his exhaust? Like lots of other cars when it’s cold outside.
I get that cars do it when it's cold but it's abnormal to how much it's doing it. Turned out the temp job on the rad never worked anyway so it's probably something to do with that

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh no, not Radweld, doesn’t do your cooling system much good. It can clog up the small coolant pipes and the hess as yer matrix. Make sure you flush the Coolant system out, 2 or 3 times.