USB port at front of centre consol

seventeenapg

Reaction score
As I know virtually all markets except us in the UK have been blessed with a USB port in the front of consol as alongside the 12v connector. Does anyone know if our UK wiring loom would contain the lead wires for this do that I could add a USB connector? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You can save yourself the trouble by buying a plug in USB connector that goes into the 12v socket. There are some nice low profile ones available. Or you can get a plug in adapter that still has the 12v socket and USB, but they’re a bit chunky.

Reactions: seventeenapg
You can save yourself the trouble by buying a plug in USB connector that goes into the 12v socket. There are some nice low profile ones available. Or you can get a plug in adapter that still has the 12v socket and USB, but they’re a bit chunky.
I have these thanks. My main reason for wanting to do this is that there seems to be less amps through the 12v socket. I get a warning on phone saying that there is not enough power to charge correctly (through qi windscreen holder/charger). If I connect to the USB under armrest I do not get this message.
Thanks and happy new year to all on audi sport. net!!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sve170