Speed limit reductions.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just seen this article.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...o-20mph-on-monday/ar-BB10xe8a?ocid=spartandhp

I hope local plod etc they are going to take a firm approach to cyclist aswell then, as too many are going way over 20mph in built up areas, a lot over 30mph aswell, jumping red lights and going up one way streets the wrong way.

Why is it that the motorist is targeted for speeding, a lot of cyclist are just as much to blame these days.
No exuse for it and they get away with it, they are subject to the highway code just like all road users are but so many seem to think they are above the law.

A lot of the streets in Fife towns and villages are now 20 mph, I've seen signs suggesting "Twenty's Plenty" which have now become 20 mph zones. The speed limits between some towns have also been reduced from National speed limit to 50 mph sometimes even 40 mph, it seems to be the way things are going with more traffic on the roads, to slow everything down to make it safer ( although the potholes do quite a good job at that ), I can see to a certain extent it does but it does sometimes lead to frustration at being held back and you tend to be looking at the speedo more often and not the road.