A1 aircon

Lenny Benford

snowed under
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Not posted or been on here in quite some time have a highly modified s3 8l which is now just used as a track car and i know the thing inside out

I've done a search on this topic but it didn't bring up the info i needed so here goes

My daughter is looking to buy an a1 1.2 sport but wants sat nav in the original build, am i correct in saying that they are all built with the nav buttons on the steering wheel and dash but not all have it activated ?

From what i have read so far looks like main dealer can activate for a fee or if it is already activated you can then update the maps with a sd card is this correct information ?

Thanks

How did the title end up as "aircon" :smiley:

It is correct that the Nav button is there on all units that support it but it might not be activated. I think it's about £550 to have it activated at the dealer and should include the latest maps. If you go down this route you should ensure it can be done on the car you select as you're out of options if not (there might be 3rd parties who can activate it without a genuine license but, well you know...)