Exhaust bypass valve

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone have a exhaust bypass valve fitted? What
Do you think of it ? Are they worth
Paying the extra for or do they sound a bit ****. I know my r32 has them as standard and that does sound mint but I need a 3” Exhaust for the s3 and not sure what to go with Valves or not, I know a few on here have zinram exhaust any issues with them

I’ve got a 3” Zinram exhaust I bought from a fellow forum member. Good quality and good figment. Plenty of places to manoeuvre to get it right for your car. I don’t have a bypass valve on mine.

It’s got a center silencer and it’s isn’t too loud until you get on the motorway hitting 70mph.

But I’ll be changing my gearbox for a built up TDI 6 speed with taller gears. Drops the rpm to around 2100-2200rpm when doing 70mph. Much quieter and super economic.

That said I’m pretty sure Zinram do a 3” with a bypass..... if you want to spend the monies. €1200 or €650 without. it’s a good 4-6 week wait on there stuff. Built to order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do a 90mm exhaust not sure if you can get that with the valve . not sure if 90mm is overkill it’s 100 euros more than the 3” . but unless the bypass one pops up 2nd hand it’s about 500 Euros more than the 3”

To be honest.... I’m gonna see how much it’ll cost me to get Alex from Badger5 to build me a 3.5” with a bypass next year when the car goes in for the bigger turbo build. Obviously being custom made it’ll be fitted better to the car.

The other thing I should mention about Zinram, don’t ever expect a reply from them. Even if you e-mail them in German. But I’ve been told by others who have bought one from them directly it does eventually turn up. Haha

Reactions: Tj 0785
Yeah I see what you mean. Tuffty did his exhaust with a bypass if I remember correctly. Not sure which way he did it.... something tells me he did it bypass the backbox like the bull x one.

Yeah that’s very impressive! You could get that made much cheaper over here. The set up looks bang on in the first part of the video.

Yeah that’s what I’d want but if getting made would have to be the last thing as car would need to go to them,unless the alex you mentioned can do them off a template plenty of s3’s at badger5

Yeah that’s what I’d want but if getting made would have to be the last thing as car would need to go to them,unless the alex you mentioned can do them off a template plenty of s3’s at badger5

That’s very possible, best to speak to Bill about that though.

Yeah I see what you mean. Tuffty did his exhaust with a bypass if I remember correctly. Not sure which way he did it.... something tells me he did it bypass the backbox like the bull x one.

Nope... not me... mines straight through as god intended...

Bill made one for Gop's S3 though but he had one less box than me...

<tuffty/>

Nope... not me... mines straight through as god intended...

Bill made one for Gop's S3 though but he had one less box than me...

<tuffty/>

Ahhhhhh yes! Your right, sorry mate. I just found Gops thread on his car and found it.

That extra box you have on yours made a big difference? That was something I quizzed an exhaust company about as I needed to sort my droning out, they told me it couldn’t be done....... I obviously didn’t use them

My exhaust is as quiet as a quiet thing

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ and Tj 0785
Sounds a dam sight better than mine..... the 1.8t 20v sounds, well nothing to jump up and down about haha. You dashed off before I got back from moving stuff for Bill that weekend. I wanted to hear it in the flesh.

I want to get a bit off the r32 sound when you drop your foot but quiet like yours when just cruising

Mine gets louder on throttle... will get louder with more power on boost...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ and Tj 0785
I have to admit, after a few beers last night, that ECS bypass did look good!

Reactions: Tj 0785 and S3AMJ
938728B7 E5E7 46A0 A519 1C126A11C617
I’ve been plays with the idea of doing this for a year or so and actually had the change to buy this bumper of eBay but I never got back to the seller quick enough trying to get quotes for respray , it looks a lot better with them being spreaout unlike the tt quad exhaust where there kind of in the middle, could have one tip bypass the back box

I can't remember the users name I think he is building a MK1 TT track car on here at the min?

He has a sleeper A4 with a bypass value on and it sounded great. One of his vids going through a tunnel actually blew the speaker on my old phone!

Reactions: Tj 0785
AD629ED5 9FBC 4747 BBB2 3943084E74EE
The r32 zinram one sounds mint on the videos I’ve seen but it would be making it look right that would be the hard part

Same here really, there never really that far apart but I do like this one

Same here really, there never really that far apart but I do like this one

Yeah I’m just looking at the hanging brackets.... it’s very wide, might actually exit the bump just shy of the lower corners.

Which wouldn’t look as bad as the others I’ve seen.

That will be loud AF regardless of the bypass valve lol...

<tuffty/>

Could chop in a center silencer, more expense though. But yeah haha, I can’t see that small backbox doing much.

I would imagine the valve will need modding anyway as its designed to run off vacuum rather than boost

<tuffty/>

You can get valve control kits for about £60 , remote, switch and another type