CLAYING DELIGHT

jr001

Reaction score
I've just returned from a paint prep job on a 1-year old red A3 Sportback. The car was washed by the owner this afternoon and the weather's been very kind so no mankying of the car happened since then.

Anyway, this is the first time I've clayed a car using SONUS Green Mild Clay. I've used Meguiars Mild on my 5-yr old A4 and SONUS Grey (Agressive) on the last two silver TTs I've done. The A3 tonight was surprisingly rough for its age and the owner couldn't believe that all this gunk was coming off his £30k pride and joy. The owner proceeded to clay the entire rear end and got right into it. At the first inspection of the clay, it was filthy.

One thing I did notice at the end of the claying though was that this is the first time I have not noticed any marring of the paint as a result of the clay. I found this clay a dream to use compared to the others. Don't know if it's just my technique that's improved but I can't recommend this clay enough. The owner is new to this new level of car care and thinks he's got a motor in better condition than when new. He's right into it already. He couldn't believe that more is to come in the shape of approx 8 hours of machine polishng tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will hold out as there's swirling to correct especially on the bonnet.

Will post the pics up as soon as possible but it probably won't be until next week as I'm combining this one with my 'holiday' in Inverclyde overlooking the amazing Firth of Clyde and the Arrochar Alps and Ben Lomond.

Regards,
JOHN:icon_thumright:

Some interesting observations on the claying mate - looks like you've got another convert now too! :D

Glad to hear the holiday is going well also - hope you're enjoying that well earned drink now! :icon_thumright:

Good feedback John, the only other clay I have used which hasn't left any kind of marring is Meguiars Quik Clay, hence why it also gets my vote for all beginners to claying. Clay marring can be a royal pain in the bum. :crying: