Alternative to Claying

Juniper44

Reaction score
Just wondered if there is alternative method to safely clean paint rather than claying.

Never done it before and I am bit conscious of bodging it.

I noticed on polished bliss there is a Total Autowash, has anyone tried this?

I want to make sure it is super clean before applying Jeff's acrylic kit.

Thanks

Get the megs quick clay kit, I hadn't used clay before so, like you I was a bit aprehensive.

It's a nice mild clay ideal for beginners, and a quick tip - do your windows first to get used to the feel of it and how much lube you need, you won't damage your windows and you will be amazed at the muck it gets off!

quick clay all the way! Jeffs acrylic is the business on my Akoya silver A3!

Andy

I Agree. You cant go wrong with Megs clay. bite the bullet and give it a bash. You won't be dissapointed.

In short, no! Claying removes all bonded materials that shouldn't be on the paint, including inorganic particulates like bonded industrial fallout, and organics like tar and bonded bug splatter. There is a strong case for using chemicals like P21S TAW and Tardis to remove the organics before claying, as this makes claying a lot easier (much less chance of marring, and tar is a PITA to remove using clay), but on the whole clay will still be needed in order to get the inorganic particulates off. Megs Quik Clay is a doddle to use if you follow the instructions to safe claying on our site. :yes: