Gears

deano20010

Reaction score
Having trouble getting into 1st gear and reverse, when the car has warmed up not cold,, it will go into gear when rolling but when I'm sat in nutural I have to go into 3rd then bring it back to go into 1st.

Gears are total fine when engine is off.
When first start car from cold gears are good.
Clutch bite is near to floor
No other problems from clutch like slipping or anything.

From what you are saying with the clutch bite near the floor, I would suggest you have the clutch bled in case there is any air in the system.
It might be worth resetting the gear cables but you indicated the problem is not there when the engine is off. 1st and reverse need to be right then the others will be OK.
Are there any hydraulic fluid leaks from under the gearbox or the slave cylinder area? If this is the case then the clutch slave cylinder is knackered and so the leak means it is not pushing fully on the pressure plate springs as The full movement is lost. It’s a it like the effect of not pushing the clutch down enough on a fully working car. The only other thing I can think of is called crank walk. It can cause the throw of the slave cylinder to be less effective. Caused by the thrust washers on the crank wearing if you have to push the clutch down to start the car. No oil circulation on start up and so the wearing takes place. More common on cars with performance clutches and /or poor oil changes.
Have someone press the clutch whilst you watch the crankshaft pulley. It should not move in and out.
Fingers crossed it is one of the first two and not the last!