Bottom end rebuild

Jake653

Reaction score
Hi all been advised a new crank case and crankshaft as thrust washers have damaged the crankshaft, any suggestions on reasonable places that are capable of doing the job if I supplied the parts thanks

I would give AKS tuning a call. They might even have some decent 2nd hand parts available.
Is you car a manual with the “press clutch to start”? If so it is worth fitting the little harness that removes the need to push the clutch down. This is when the wear takes place before the oil has circulated.

I would give AKS tuning a call. They might even have some decent 2nd hand parts available.
Is you car a manual with the “press clutch to start”? If so it is worth fitting the little harness that removes the need to push the clutch down. This is when the wear takes place before the oil has circulated.
Will give them a ring thanks no it’s the manual but no push to start, been quoted about 20 hours labour off awesome would you say this is about right for a change of crank case and crankshaft

Will give them a ring thanks no it’s the manual but no push to start, been quoted about 20 hours labour off awesome would you say this is about right for a change of crank case and crankshaft

Awesome are good but pricey. My son had labour quotes from Awesome and AKS for a clutch and Awesome was £100 more expensive.

Yeah they do know the car too as it was forged by them soo I think that will be the way to go, just trying to source a crank case and crankshaft atm as they are a fortune new!

Just wanted to understand why pressing the clutch to start the engine brings more wear to engine (not the clutch) on a cold start vs older 8P’s which when started don’t need the clutch pressed.

Can you help me understand how this brings more wear to the engine due to the less oil circulation. What wear are you specifically talking about.

(not talking about the clutch)

thanks