I’m hoping this isnt serious!!

MeaneyMachine

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hey people, hope everyone’s safe and well.

I’ll get straight to the point... i ordered some replacement wings for the S3 due to some rust at the base of them and once i removed them i found the sills at the front we’re in really poor condition due to the rust.
Unfortunately this came to light after i removed the old wings which pretty much fell apart upon removal. I have got some photos but please bear in mind im not happy with my bodge but i had to have the car on the road for commuting to work.
It’s really nasty but those bolts are all i had to hand and the original torx screws had completely had it, as well as the sills being so screwed even with new screws i wouldn’t of been able to fit them.
Again i must enforce the fact im not happy with its current situation and quite frankly im losing sleep over this as im concerned it is major structual damage!!
Few points... my car will not be covered by Audi corrosion warranty because of age and this issue is only on the front 12” along the sills and towards the back it looks good. So, what can be done to save this sorry state of affairs i find myself in? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 024339B9-742A-4422-B52F-886102B0EA92.jpeg
    024339B9-742A-4422-B52F-886102B0EA92.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 97FD3778-4293-45B4-B02B-9C71DCC908CC.jpeg
    97FD3778-4293-45B4-B02B-9C71DCC908CC.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 168
doesnt look that bad from the photos. as above go to a mechanics/bodyshop that does welding and get their opinion.
i watch a lot of youtubers who restore older cars and sills seem to be a common place for rust, a lot of times due to being used to jack the car incorrectly. yours doesnt look that bad in comparison

Thanks a lot for giving your opinion on this, i was searching for similar issues on google and the phrase ‘parts car’ was coming up all too often and started panicking a bit!!
Like many of us i’m putting a lot of time, effort and money into the car and ending up fearing the worst.
Will get it looked at this week and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Reactions: samuelh_888