DIY Servicing

POLNEESSON

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have had my late 2014 1.6TDI sine new.
The first 4 years it was getting serviced by Audi as it was a company car but since I bought it off the lease company 2 years ago I have been servicing it myself.... instead of every 2 years as it was I now change Oil,oil filter,air filter, and fuel filter every 12 months....I do all of these as it’s pretty easy and not a major expense as I’m doing it my self....question is.... if when annually doing this service I reset the oil change and inspection timer on VCDS am I creating any issue? This might be stupid but is there counters around anything like DPF or anything that I might be putting off balance by doing this?....... also apart from getting the cam belt done is there anything also anyone would suggest doing?

just to add the car is pretty low mileage, still under 50K for the 6 years I’ve had it.

Reactions: pburv
Hi Everyone,

I have had my late 2014 1.6TDI sine new.
The first 4 years it was getting serviced by Audi as it was a company car but since I bought it off the lease company 2 years ago I have been servicing it myself.... instead of every 2 years as it was I now change Oil,oil filter,air filter, and fuel filter every 12 months....I do all of these as it’s pretty easy and not a major expense as I’m doing it my self....question is.... if when annually doing this service I reset the oil change and inspection timer on VCDS am I creating any issue? This might be stupid but is there counters around anything like DPF or anything that I might be putting off balance by doing this?....... also apart from getting the cam belt done is there anything also anyone would suggest doing?

just to add the car is pretty low mileage, still under 50K for the 6 years I’ve had it.
Can't answer your question on putting anything out of whack with DPF ect.
What I would suggest is brake fluid change. Official intervals are three years from new and then every two years.

Brake fluid is definately a good one. Keeps brakes nice and sharp. Nothing worse than a dull pedal

Correct I changed the discs and pads at 4 years myself and got the brake fluid done then....I don’t mind doing the disks and pads myself but for some reason the oil change is a step too far so I put it in local Audi place for the oil change and got a coolant change and air con top up......

Then my only suggestion is to find a good indiepdndent garage for your next brake fluid change, and thereby reduce the costs significantly.

Reactions: S32B and pburv