Audi A3 2016: Pre sense system fault/Brake malfunction/TPMS failure/Wont start

x3la

Reaction score
I was sitting in the car in the parking lot, engine not running. Listening to music.

I added a single mp3 to the jukebox from an SD card and then the dashboard lit up with a series of error messages:

Audi pre sense: system fault!
Hill hold assist: unavailable
Screen down/up
TPMS: Tire pressure System malfunction!

occasionally:

BRAKE: Brake malfunction

etc..

Sometimes I cannot lock the car with the key fob.

I cannot start the car.

What on earth is going on?

Here's a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf4xb9g6ingl2ec/20201104_171500.mp4?dl=0

Hope someone can help!

Turns out that it's a flat battery. After replacing it and driving it a few metres the car reset itself.

12v battery low voltage probably, classic time of year for a bad battery as it first starts to get cold ...

12v battery low voltage probably, classic time of year for a bad battery as it first starts to get cold ...

Thanks! It's my first Audi. With all of the electronics onboard I would have thought that a low voltage battery warning would have been the first thing to present itself and not warnings that all of the sensors have failed. Lesson learnt I guess - I know what the culprit is if it happens again!

Thanks! It's my first Audi. With all of the electronics onboard I would have thought that a low voltage battery warning would have been the first thing to present itself and not warnings that all of the sensors have failed. Lesson learnt I guess - I know what the culprit is if it happens again!

Not sure mate, there are also warnings for low battery voltage and that the 12v battery needs to be charged.....

Did you have to get the battery coded by a garage. I'll probably have mine until it's 5 or 6 years old so would like to know the best way forward when it does fail.

Colin

Did you have to get the battery coded by a garage. I'll probably have mine until it's 5 or 6 years old so would like to know the best way forward when it does fail.

Colin

I haven't had it coded as I wasn't aware such a thing was required until after AAA replaced it and left.

I'll bring this up with my non-dealership mechanic, it has a BEM code, so hopefully he's able to do it.

I watched this video which was helpful in explaining the process (in my mind this should be a user setting in the MMI, not something that requires bespoke hardware):

Reactions: eribaMotters
I was sitting in the car in the parking lot, engine not running. Listening to music.

I added a single mp3 to the jukebox from an SD card and then the dashboard lit up with a series of error messages:

Audi pre sense: system fault!
Screen down/up

occasionally:

BRAKE: Brake malfunction

etc..

Sometimes I cannot lock the car with the key fob.

I cannot start the car.

What on earth is going on?

Here's a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf4xb9g6ingl2ec/20201104_171500.mp4?dl=0

Hope someone can help!
Hey man I'm having the same thing happen to me. It all started when my car stalled out on the freeway a few weeks ago and would not start after that. The car cranks but does not start and I'm getting the same pre sense System fault and TPMS and Hill hold assist unavailable errors on the dash. I'm assuming it's the battery but kind of weird how it stalled out in the middle of driving