A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Sorry no

My spec is S Line but I didn't have Matrix lights as an extra...... although I thought dynamic indicators came as standard with the SLine
No Matrix on my 2021 S Line either but I'm sure I have the fancy rear indicators.
It still says on the configurator that the S Line has "LED headlights with LED rear lights and dynamic rear indicators"
I also have high beam assist but that was down to Audi German FOD

Last edited:
Not the standard ones either Brian - The RSQ3 is being replaced with standard LED Headlights - £100 Goodwill is a joke - They cost £430 Option on the S3 when you could order them on that model (Luckily I could on my S3) and a lot more on lower models - It will effect resale values as well in a couple of years time

I've always changed my cars a year before or at the end of the PCP, but I'm seriously thinking next year about buying my S3 and taking out the All In one which extends the full factory warranty by 2 years, Mots and servicing - I can't get half the options I could when I purchased mine in November 2020 and now the standard stuff isn't happening either - I know the global issues aren't Audi's fault but they keep taking the orders!

I think I've read it's £600 if you're losing the matrix lights, my order will just be affected by the dynamic rear indicators. Still, a bitter one to swallow after the order is in, and I'm concerned this won't be the end of it if the shortages continue. There were already compromises in my Q3 order with no wireless phone charger and lots of options missing which used to be available (advanced key, virtual cockpit plus etc). I will most likely cancel my order and take stock again later in the year, my PCP has another year to run and I'm in no huge rush to replace my A3.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
Today I recieved an update from my dealer. My confirmed build week is 11. Ordered end of October last year.

I have ordered a A3 S line (110pk 1.0 ), with only heated seats, park assist and hold assist.

Reactions: JustLulu and Brian Leslie
I've just had an email off my Dealer too, my Build Week 17 has been moved .. in the right direction and is now in for Build Week 11 too.. Seems Week 11 is proving quite popular! :D

Somebody knows if that would affect the A3 Matrix lights? I ordered mine in November and still haven't heard a word from my dealer. I am quite annoyed if I can't get the Matrix lights as I really wanted to get the car almost just because of these lights after driven my mothers A6 with them. I contacted my dealer multiple of times but he still haven't told me anything about a possible build week etc. :frown new:

Somebody knows if that would affect the A3 Matrix lights? I ordered mine in November and still haven't heard a word from my dealer. I am quite annoyed if I can't get the Matrix lights as I really wanted to get the car almost just because of these lights after driven my mothers A6 with them. I contacted my dealer multiple of times but he still haven't told me anything about a possible build week etc. :frown new:
What model have you ordered?

What model have you ordered?
A3 Sportback Proline Advanced with Matrix LED added. Basically mid range spec i live in Sweden and most here are from UK so it differs a bit from what you guys get to chose from I believe

Just had an email from my dealer on this for my Q3 order (Black Edition, placed last month). No change in price and just a £100 goodwill offer...

We are writing to inform you that due to the current global shortages on semi-conductors, we can no longer build your Q3 with the following specifications.
  • Matrix LED headlights with dynamic front and rear indicators.
  • HD Matrix LED headlights with dynamic front and rear indicators.
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback models (excluding RS) with dynamic rear indicators.
What this means for you...
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback (Sport, S line and Black Edition) LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and dynamic rear indicator (PX2) currently standard equipment, will be replaced with LED headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights and LED rear indicators (PHM). The design of the headlight and Daytime Running Light is not impacted, only rear dynamic indicators are being removed.
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback (Vorsprung) Orders are likely to be delayed until the second half of 2022.
  • RS Q3 and RS Q3 Sportback (Audi Sport Edition and Vorsprung) Dark tinted Matrix LED headlights with front and rear dynamic indicators (PXC), currently standard equipment, will be replaced with LED headlights LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, dynamic rear indicators and High beam assist (PHS).
Current estimations are that supply restrictions will last until the second half of 2022 on Q3 and RS Q3 for Matrix LED headlights and dynamic rear indicators.

The price of your car will not change and as a gesture of Goodwill, we would like to offer you £100 as recognition of changes to the specification of your new car.
£100 Wtf, tell them to stick it mate, loosing the rear dynamics as well !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Code and Brian Leslie
A3 Sportback Proline Advanced with Matrix LED added. Basically mid range spec i live in Sweden and most here are from UK so it differs a bit from what you guys get to chose from I believe
The only ones here in the UK still getting the matrix lights as it stands are the Edition 1 and Vorsprung.
Over here the configurator has been updated already as far as I could tell so maybe have a look and see if you can still spec the car the same?

Reactions: bollan98
The only ones here in the UK still getting the matrix lights as it stands are the Edition 1 and Vorsprung.
Over here the configurator has been updated already as far as I could tell so maybe have a look and see if you can still spec the car the same?
Just checked and I could in fact add the matrix lights. So hopefully I will get the car with them if my dealer doesn't say otherwise

Message from dealer today , after 13 months my car is finally sitting at Emden awaiting transportation to the uk .

Reactions: Jcbmally, JustLulu, Maddave and 4 others
Just gave my dealer a ring . My car is waiting to board the boat . Hoped I'd have it by my birthday but he said due to everything going on to expect it in 4/5 weeks rather than the 3/4 they usually advise. Can't ****** wait .

Also all A3's that are built from next week (14th march) won't have parking sensors

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Just gave my dealer a ring . My car is waiting to board the boat . Hoped I'd have it by my birthday but he said due to everything going on to expect it in 4/5 weeks rather than the 3/4 they usually advise. Can't ****** wait .

Also all A3's that are built from next week (14th march) won't have parking sensors

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Also all A3's that are built from next week (14th march) won't have parking sensors - WTF - Do you still get Wheels and a Steering Wheel

Reactions: JustLulu
WHAT?? I have a build week of 11. (next week?). No one has contacted me about that (I've had the Comfort/Sound Pack so have the Sensors and the reversing camera).
If after all the wait since last September they tell me I won't have these .. then it's taking the ****!!! What kind of 'premium' brand car doesn't have Sensors thesedays?!

Last edited:
WHAT?? I have a build week of 11. (next week?). No one has contacted me about that (I've had the Comfort/Sound Pack so have the Sensors and the reversing camera).
If after all the wait since last September they tell me I won't have thsese .. then it's taking the ****!!!
I'd think if you have the C&S Pack you'd be ok anyway as this gives you Parking Plus - I assume they're just not fitting rear as standard to preserve stock for the C&S packs - They are going to have to consider whether they stop taking orders soon because you're really getting very little now

Reactions: JustLulu and NigelG
I'd think if you have the C&S Pack you'd be ok anyway as this gives you Parking Plus - I assume they're just not fitting rear as standard to preserve stock for the C&S packs - They are going to have to consider whether they stop taking orders soon because you're really getting very little now
I certainly hope so buddy. You are right, so much technology is being removed as standard. You'll be lucky if you get a steering wheel and four wheels. The engine will be the next to go, we'll all be self powering them like the Flintstones at this rate! They do need to stop taking orders - or set some realistic timescales and what you order might not be what you get!

If after all the wait since last September they tell me I won't have these .. then it's taking the ****!!! What kind of 'premium' brand car doesn't have Sensors thesedays?!
I agree my car is waiting for a boat to the UK
I ordered 14months ago it will be interesting how many things are removed from my original order , I have ordered a S3 Vorsprung, when I ordered it was supposed to come with a 360 camera, that has been dropped, there is also a question mark over it coming with wireless charger , some people have been given only one key

I certainly hope so buddy. You are right, so much technology is being removed as standard. You'll be lucky if you get a steering wheel and four wheels. The engine will be the next to go, we'll all be self powering them like the Flintstones at this rate! They do need to stop taking orders - or set some realistic timescales and what you order might not be what you get!
:racer:

I agree my car is waiting for a boat to the UK
I ordered 14months ago it will be interesting how many things are removed from my original order , I have ordered a S3 Vorsprung, when I ordered it was supposed to come with a 360 camera, that has been dropped, there is also a question mark over it coming with wireless charger , some people have been given only one key
The one key thing was only temporary if I remember right and has been resolved - You do only get the S emblem on one key though - Tight gits - Well I did on my standard S3 anyway

That's so bad with the parking sensors! I can live without the wireless charger, but the parking sensors would've been a deal breaker.
I would've loved blind spot warning, but not sure if that was ever an option or got scrapped with the semi conductor shortage?

I've received an email saying my car has a chassis number has been built and is on the way to the port!!!!! Its actually happening!

Once it gets to the port I'm not sure how long the wait is

Reactions: JustLulu and Brian Leslie
I've received an email saying my car has a chassis number has been built and is on the way to the port!!!!! Its actually happening!

Once it gets to the port I'm not sure how long the wait is
Mine was 3 weeks! Great to hear it’s finally on the way :)

Reactions: MF DOOMER
My build week is also 11, A3 with parking plus (and heated seats and hold assist). I didn’t hear anything from my dealer last days. I can't imagine if this option is ordered that it will be taken out without notice. Or do people have different experiences?

Some more good news for myself; car has now arrived at port in the UK. Hopefully not long now, its been a wait.

Reactions: JustLulu, MF DOOMER, MA3RC and 2 others
My Audi S3 Vorsprung was ordered last April and was built last week. Now the delivery wait. After all this and my financial losses since the new PCP price is lower than my current, not sure I will buy Audi again but I hope the new car wins me over!

More bad news from Audi, ordered an Audi S3 Vorsprung on the 17th April 2021 and now been pushed back again , currently sat on Build week 18 (2nd May), but it’s more than likely that will be pushed back again

maybe that will explain why
More bad news from Audi, ordered an Audi S3 Vorsprung on the 17th April 2021 and now been pushed back again , currently sat on Build week 18 (2nd May), but it’s more than likely that will be pushed back again
With immediate effect, the restrictions below impact all A3s not yet built.

Restrictions affecting A3/RS3

We have been informed of global restrictions of the following items on A3:

• 7X1 Rear parking sensors - standard on the whole A3 range
  • 7X5 Parking assist with parking system plus - content within Comfort and Sound Pack (WB0) and Driver Assistance Pack (PCE)
  • 79H Lane change assistant with exit warning system and rear cross traffic alert - standard on Vorsprung trim
We currently do not have an indication of when these options will be available again. As soon as we know more, we will update Hub.

• 7X5 Parking assist with parking system plus - content within Comfort and Sound Pack (WB0) and Driver Assistance Pack (PCE)
  • 79H Lane change assistant with exit warning system and rear cross traffic alert - standard on Vorsprung trim
We currently do not have an indication of when these options will be available again. As soon as we know more, we will update Hub.
Apparently my dealer say’s because mine is an confirmed order it will come with everything but if/when it eventually arrives and parts are missing i’ll not be accepting the car

Apparently my dealer say’s because mine is an confirmed order it will come with everything but if/when it eventually arrives and parts are missing i’ll not be accepting the car
That means delays bot missing

Although if it’s not built by June i’ll be cancelling anyway, i’ve waited long enough now and seeing new RS3’s been delivered, it’s making it very hard not to cancel it already
Yeah its just now because ukraine

I hope the same with my confirmed build week. But I'm afraid that it will not come and will be delayed for months. Maybe simple question, does the A3 limousine and hatchback have the same parking sensors?

I hope the same with my confirmed build week. But I'm afraid that it will not come and will be delayed for months. Maybe simple question, does the A3 limousine and hatchback have the same parking sensors?
Off course has same its same car

So .. I have a Build Week 11 confirmed (ie, next week!) .. So is not yet built!
I've got Comfort & Sound Pack ordered, which contains Parking System Plus
Looking at that update, "Restrictions" so does that mean A3s with the C&S pack will NOT get them, or will have restrictions?! Doesn't mention the Reverse Camera!
So will i get the C&S pack and all the contents of it or not?! Whilst I appreciate supply issues, they can't keep doing this and chop and changing what's been on order for months!

So .. I have a Build Week 11 confirmed (ie, next week!) .. So is not yet built!
I've got Comfort & Sound Pack ordered, which contains Parking System Plus
Looking at that update, "Restrictions" so does that mean A3s with the C&S pack will NOT get them, or will have restrictions?! Doesn't mention the Reverse Camera!
So will i get the C&S pack and all the contents of it or not?! Whilst I appreciate supply issues, they can't keep doing this and chop and changing what's been on order for months!
if you have confirmed build week you be ok if its estimate that means delay , they wont send you car without parking sensor or remove them as its basic think