A3/S3 delivery lead time?

My car now has a partial VIN number issued, anyone any idea what this means with regards build status. At what point in the factory process would a partial number be issued ? TIA

Apparently my dealer say’s because mine is an confirmed order it will come with everything but if/when it eventually arrives and parts are missing i’ll not be accepting the car
Ditto. S3 Vorsprung ordered first week of Jan. If they take anything off it, they can keep it.

I've just emailed my supplier asking if my car that was built at the beginning of this week/last week has the parking sensors included.... as this really is a minimum requirement for me!!! As the car is already built I'm hoping I've got lucky and it's included! If it isn't I'll be demanding for discount to be applied (not just a small goodwill jesture)

When collecting the car I'm really going to have to do a thorough check to see If all my extras (and standard parts) have been included.

I'll be gutted if the ambient lighting pack has been left off...and again I will be kicking off about it and demanding money back.

Due to High car prices it doesn't make sense for me to pull out at this late stage as I ordered the car in May-21 and the car prices have increased quite a bit since then

Reactions: JustLulu and NigelG
I've just emailed my supplier asking if my car that was built at the beginning of this week/last week has the parking sensors included.... as this really is a minimum requirement for me!!! As the car is already built I'm hoping I've got lucky and it's included! If it isn't I'll be demanding for discount to be applied (not just a small goodwill jesture)

When collecting the car I'm really going to have to do a thorough check to see If all my extras (and standard parts) have been included.

I'll be gutted if the ambient lighting pack has been left off...and again I will be kicking off about it and demanding money back.

Due to High car prices it doesn't make sense for me to pull out at this late stage as I ordered the car in May-21 and the car prices have increased quite a bit since then
My car is at the UK port and I have waited over a year for the vehicle. If anything is missing from my spec then I will not be accepting the car. I dont care that prices have increased, I will give another manufacture my custom. I've had my fill of Audi.

Reactions: MF DOOMER
My car is at the UK port and I have waited over a year for the vehicle. If anything is missing from my spec then I will not be accepting the car. I dont care that prices have increased, I will give another manufacture my custom. I've had my fill of Audi.

I don't disagre with you and feel your pain. If I get my car in circa 3 weeks time that would be a 11 month wait... not as long as yours but still mental!!!!!!

I’ve had this thought myself, however important to remember that if you don’t accept the car, Audi will be able to sell it at a much higher price than I assume you agreed to when you ordered over a year ago. If you really want to stick it to them you should take delivery and then sell it immediately to pocket the difference yourself. Use the extra money to put down a tasty deposit on something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gboole, Jcbmally and MF DOOMER
I’ve had this thought myself, however important to remember that if you don’t accept the car, Audi will be able to sell it at a much higher price than I assume you agreed to when you ordered over a year ago. If you really want to stick it to them you should take delivery and then sell it immediately to pocket the difference yourself. Use the extra money to put down a tasty deposit on something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm getting my car via a PCP deal....I wonder if you allowed to pay off the balance owed as soon as you take ownership of the car before selling it. With my SEAT Leon I paid off the PCP balance early to take advantage of the used car market..but there was only circa 6 months left on the deal.

My dealer gave me the chassis number as soon as it was built, if you load that into the my Audi app, it gives you the full spec of the built car

Reactions: NigelG
if you have confirmed build week you be ok if its estimate that means delay , they wont send you car without parking sensor or remove them as its basic think
Definitely just checked and on the screen shot of the order screen that the dealer sent me last week says 'Confirmed Week 202211' and Status Code 20 (with Production Order).
The initial screen they sent a month or two back showed 'Current Build Week' and Status Code 10 (with Production Week).

So hoping based on it being CONFIRMED Week 11 (this week), I am going to be OK and all these parts are available for my build (in my head, I would assume as it's confirmed, it means parts are available and reserved for the build, or it can't be confirmed!). :)

How long does it spend "being built", before can hassle the dealer again for the VIN!?

Last edited:
Chased up my Lease company on Friday for an update. I was previously given a build of week of 17 but just been informed this has now ben pushed back to week 37. Can believe it. I ordered it early September 2021 and now have a build week 1 year from placing the order.
Cannot even change to another manufacturer as I've been informed their all in the same boat.

WHAT?? I have a build week of 11. (next week?). No one has contacted me about that (I've had the Comfort/Sound Pack so have the Sensors and the reversing camera).
If after all the wait since last September they tell me I won't have these .. then it's taking the ****!!! What kind of 'premium' brand car doesn't have Sensors thesedays?!
I don't know about s+c pack that's just what they told me on the call

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

**** a year mine was at port of exit when I spoke to Audi I ordered July 21

**** a year mine was at port of exit when I spoke to Audi I ordered July 21

It can't be easy for manufacturers but Audi take ut to a whole new level. Their customer service is non existant. Hopefully the cars prove to be worth the wait, time will tell.

Reactions: JustLulu
OK great..I'll download the app now
I have loaded my vin into the app and yes it does show you the spec. It’s a vorsprung and as far as I can tell it has everything it should. It was waiting at emden to be shipped over at the beginning of last week so hopefully should be ready to collect before the months out. Fingers crossed.

It can't be easy for manufacturers but Audi take ut to a whole new level. Their customer service is non existant. Hopefully the cars prove to be worth the wait, time will tell.
It certainly seems like customer service is an after though with Audi, once they've got your money they don't give a ****.

My S3 is going once my Golf R arrives as a result of the awful customer service I've had from them, I won't be buying another Audi.

I'm in a similar position to you with the Golf though, Ordered first week of September being advised estimated build week is now 1st week of June. Everytime I speak to someone it goes further back....

I have loaded my vin into the app and yes it does show you the spec. It’s a vorsprung and as far as I can tell it has everything it should. It was waiting at emden to be shipped over at the beginning of last week so hopefully should be ready to collect before the months out. Fingers crossed

I have loaded my vin into the app and yes it does show you the spec. It’s a vorsprung and as far as I can tell it has everything it should. It was waiting at emden to be shipped over at the beginning of last week so hopefully should be ready to collect before the months out. Fingers crossed.
For some reason when I rang they were not very keen for me to download the app. They want me to wait until I'm in the dealership to pick up the car so they can talk me through it????? They aren't forthcoming with the Chassis number either.

A bit werid but I'm not too bothered. I know what I ordered so I'llbe going through the car with a fine toothcomb regardless. If bits are missing I will be kicking off+

For some reason when I rang they were not very keen for me to download the app. They want me to wait until I'm in the dealership to pick up the car so they can talk me through it????? They aren't forthcoming with the Chassis number either.

A bit werid but I'm not too bothered. I know what I ordered so I'llbe going through the car with a fine toothcomb regardless. If bits are missing I will be kicking off+
Ahh I see. I have the app already as this will be my third audi in a row so at the moment I have two cars sat on the app. Once I collect the new S3 I will then need to link the app to the new vehicle and delete the old car.

My dealer was the complete opposite in fact! They encouraged me to download it, familiarise myself with it, add my car to the app. It really is luck of the draw!

Ye I get you. No one can change that there are delays , but Audi customer services aren't great. Should be collecting mid April depending on myself being able to fingers crossed we love our cars when they arrive

Reactions: Rads

My dealer was the same today, point blank said " I can't access the vin number until I receive it" .

I thought maybe in case you don't go through with the purchase for some reason then the car isn't registered as someone's . Could be wrong though

My dealer was the complete opposite in fact! They encouraged me to download it, familiarise myself with it, add my car to the app. It really is luck of the draw!
That's why I wanted to register my car so I can look at the app properly . you can't see much before you do .

My dealer was the same today, point blank said " I can't access the vin number until I receive it" .

I thought maybe in case you don't go through with the purchase for some reason then the car isn't registered as someone's . Could be wrong though

When I asked about a vin, my dealer told me they only get it when they start getting built.
Makes sense

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

When I asked about a vin, my dealer told me they only get it when they start getting built.
Makes sense

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Mine is in the boat but he said he can't get it

Went to order a S3 Vorsprung saloon, but was told Audi, have stopped taking orders for this model now.
Does anyone know if true?

Went to order a S3 Vorsprung saloon, but was told Audi, have stopped taking orders for this model now.
Yes it’s only available from UK stock already here.
There’s a message on the configurator confirming this.

Yes it's true because they can't get all the parts and the Vorsprung has practically everything on it

Yes it's true because they can't get all the parts and the Vorsprung has practically everything on it
I hope that doesn’t apply to S3 Vorsprungs that have been ordered a year ago and are still not built - It’s supposed to be build w/c 11 April…

Mine is in the boat but he said he can't get it

I made enquiry regarding the removal of Audi Beam, puddle lights, which were listed standard when the vehicle was ordered and since removed. The vehicle was built and at the factory awaiting transport to the port. The dealer was able to sent me the full spec sheet, including the VIN at that time. Think your dealer may be Conservative with the truth, they will have the VIN.

So today is the 1 year anniversary since I ordered my A3 S-Line and I still don’t have it

At the moment I have an unconfirmed build week of May 22. Absolute joke, as when I ordered the car my delivery estimate was June 21.

Now I’m seeing all the post about further delays and items being removed from the specification. This is the first Audi I have ordered and will also be my last. Worst car company I have ever had to deal with. Don’t see how they can delay people so much and change specifications. Surely changing specification counts as a breach of the contract you sign?

I wonder if I could tell Audi my first payment will be 18 months late (after receipt of the car) and that I’m actually paying less as I don’t want to provide them with what I agreed. they seem to think it’s ok to do it at their end.

Reactions: gboole
So today is the 1 year anniversary since I ordered my A3 S-Line and I still don’t have it

At the moment I have an unconfirmed build week of May 22. Absolute joke, as when I ordered the car my delivery estimate was June 21.

Now I’m seeing all the post about further delays and items being removed from the specification. This is the first Audi I have ordered and will also be my last. Worst car company I have ever had to deal with. Don’t see how they can delay people so much and change specifications. Surely changing specification counts as a breach of the contract you sign?

I wonder if I could tell Audi my first payment will be 18 months late (after receipt of the car) and that I’m actually paying less as I don’t want to provide them with what I agreed. they seem to think it’s ok to do it at their end.
Totally agree.

Totally agree.
Hi Rads, I feel and understand your disillusionment.
I am not in the trade nor am I an apologist for Audi, but, like every other manufacturer their hands are tied very tightly because of the two main shortages, ie lights and wiring harness, there are probably more coming down the line. I am sure they are trying their best in a very competitive market to source supplies. My wife went through exactly the same pain waiting for her Golf 8R. We were at the point of cancelling, but hung in, there was nowhere to go except join another queue. You are in different predicament, that of having your spec reduced as well as a very long wait. The choice is your's you either hang in there and take the spec hit. If you read the small print on your contract there maybe some words that amount to fact that Audi can change the spec at anytime to suit themselves for whatever reason. Weasley words IMHO. I've driven a factory spec demo and it's a terrific car, I'd hang in and speak to your dealer about your concerns and squeeze him for whatever you can get.

Reactions: markwiggy
Hi Rads, I feel and understand your disillusionment.
I am not in the trade nor am I an apologist for Audi, but, like every other manufacturer their hands are tied very tightly because of the two main shortages, ie lights and wiring harness, there are probably more coming down the line. I am sure they are trying their best in a very competitive market to source supplies. My wife went through exactly the same pain waiting for her Golf 8R. We were at the point of cancelling, but hung in, there was nowhere to go except join another queue. You are in different predicament, that of having your spec reduced as well as a very long wait. The choice is your's you either hang in there and take the spec hit. If you read the small print on your contract there maybe some words that amount to fact that Audi can change the spec at anytime to suit themselves for whatever reason. Weasley words IMHO. I've driven a factory spec demo and it's a terrific car, I'd hang in and speak to your dealer about your concerns and squeeze him for whatever you can get.
NW, I get your point and I understand that other manufacturers are in the same situation. However, what makes Audi different is that they continue to provide false/inaccurate estimates which continuously change. Every other manufacturer has been up front about the long lead times. AlsoAudi dealerships continue to take orders which they know they can’t fill.

Add to that they are changing the specification of vehicles with no suitable reduction in price or no notice until late on.

all in all it’s very poor from such a big company and the level of customer service I have experienced (plus read on here) is one of the worst I have come across in any industry.

This is what I dont understand with Audi.... my 1st year anniversary is not until the 01/05/22 but I have had confirmation that the car has been built and is on route to the port for shipment....

This is what I dont understand with Audi.... my 1st year anniversary is not until the 01/05/22 but I have had confirmation that the car has been built and is on route to the port for shipment....
Exactly.
They are fulfilling orders in a random order that the dealership can’t even figure out.
If they can’t fulfil a certain spec then they shouldn’t be accepting orders for it.

Reactions: FishyFinger

Exactly.
They are fulfilling orders in a random order that the dealership can’t even figure out.
If they can’t fulfil a certain spec then they shouldn’t be accepting orders for it.
Completely agree with you. There is plenty of evidence on this platform to show Audi have not a Scooby-Doo on planning builds and prioritising those that ordered first.
As per my earlier post. I ordered very early September 2021 and my given build week of 17 has now been pushed back by a further 20 weeks to week 37, extra 5 ****** months. If it all goes smoothly and no additional delays that will be 14/15 months from order to delivery. So far not been told of any spec changes but i am expecting something.
This is my third Audi and may well be my last. Audi's customer service has never been brilliant but the cars always balanced it out, but now their service and honesty is non-existent.

Completely agree with you. There is plenty of evidence on this platform to show Audi have not a Scooby-Doo on planning builds and prioritising those that ordered first.
As per my earlier post. I ordered very early September 2021 and my given build week of 17 has now been pushed back by a further 20 weeks to week 37, extra 5 ****** months. If it all goes smoothly and no additional delays that will be 14/15 months from order to delivery. So far not been told of any spec changes but i am expecting something.
This is my third Audi and may well be my last. Audi's customer service has never been brilliant but the cars always balanced it out, but now their service and honesty is non-existent.
It's probably because if they have all the parts to build a newer order complete, but not the older one which has a higher spec, then there's no point in holding them back - I'm not defending Audi though they have been terrible - Just thinking logistically

It's probably because if they have all the parts to build a newer order complete, but not the older one which has a higher spec, then there's no point in holding them back - I'm not defending Audi though they have been terrible - Just thinking logistically
It's certainly logical to think that way, however my daughter ordered a 30 tfsi s tronic s line A3, standard in white with no extras back on Feb 21 - she still awaits its arrival. Plenty of people on here that ordered far higher spec vehicle with a number of extras after her and recieved their order months ago, which sort of blows that theroy out the window.

It's certainly logical to think that way, however my daughter ordered a 30 tfsi s tronic s line A3, standard in white with no extras back on Feb 21 - she still awaits its arrival. Plenty of people on here that ordered far higher spec vehicle with a number of extras after her and recieved their order months ago, which sort of blows that theroy out the window.
Yep it certainly does - They're just idiots then - That's a ridiculous wait time for any car but a standard spec with no extras!!