A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Thanks for your positive feedback about no missing features, this has reduced my possible excessive pessimism. I'll report back when I collect the car next week.

Reactions: tomascott
Is anyone due to receive an S3 black edition anytime soon? Mine won’t be til october probably as I’ve got a sept build date

I ordered an A3 Black Edition in May & have been told build date is currently September initially I was told September delivery
Ordered mine end of may and was told build week 28 which is 12th of this month and I popped into garage on Friday and has ambient light and puddle lights according to order and I should have it in September. How come yours has moved build to September?

Ordered mine end of may and was told build week 28 which is 12th of this month and I popped into garage on Friday and has ambient light and puddle lights according to order and I should have it in September. How come yours has moved build to September?
That an a3 or s3?

which garage did you order from? I was told sept build date because of the model year change? also current spec doesn't include ambient lighting pack for A3 Black Edition - only LED lighting pack

It doesn’t state ambient lightning on the website for a3 does it?
The Audi site shows that ambient lighting is now standard on the A3 from the sport upwards. I think its just the doors. Really annoying as I ordered the extended ambient lighting pack back in sept 21, car got built in May 23 and they never fitted the ambient pack on the doors as it was a 23 car and that option was removed. I expected them to reinstate that option when parts became available. they didn't and i have raised a complaint with Audi, that they automatically removed an option i ordered and then did not replace it when the parts became available well before the car was built

Also are the door cards lit up as standard or is that also ext amb lighting pack? I mean just a plain white led on the door cards

Also are the door cards lit up as standard or is that also ext amb lighting pack? I mean just a plain white led on the door cards
I think for the A3 is just white LED on the door panels only. I have not seen an option to order/add the extended ambient light pack. that may only be available for the S3.

That is correct, just taken delivery of my A3 saloon Black edition with Tech pro pack, the extended ambient light pack is not an option now, the led interior light is fitted which is a white light only on door trim and door handles.

That is correct, just taken delivery of my A3 saloon Black edition with Tech pro pack, the extended ambient light pack is not an option now, the led interior light is fitted which is a white light only on door trim and door handles.
So what actually lights up ? Is it all doors back and front and is it just the inner door handles or does the lighting run across the door trim pad.

So what actually lights up ? Is it all doors back and front and is it just the inner door handles or does the lighting run across the door trim pad.
Probably not the best photo, but it gives you some idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: Paulie69
Probably not the best photo, but it gives you some idea.
Is it the back and front then. Also do you have the light under the mirror outside. Sorry for all the questions but you’re the only person with a black edition it seems.

Is it the back and front then. Also do you have the light under the mirror outside. Sorry for all the questions but you’re the only person with a black edition it seems.
Have not checked if rear lights up yet, will let you know that later when I put it back into garage, no lights under mirrors, just front puddle lights when doors open, but I have the 360 degree camera so there is a camera under the mirror, do not know if this replaces a light though.

Have not checked if rear lights up yet, will let you know that later when I put it back into garage, no lights under mirrors, just front puddle lights when doors open, but I have the 360 degree camera so there is a camera under the mirror, do not know if this replaces a light though.
Thanks very much. I wanted the saloon as I love the shape but the wife wanted the hatch as it has the rear wiper. Yours looks wicked in the blue.

Quick update, yes rear door panels and handles light up the same as the front, I also have always had hatchbacks but in my personal opinion the saloon looks way more classy in the A3 form. Maybe not as practical as a hatchback but looks great.

Reactions: vatdim
Quick update, yes rear door panels and handles light up the same as the front, I also have always had hatchbacks but in my personal opinion the saloon looks way more classy in the A3 form. Maybe not as practical as a hatchback but looks great.
Thanks for the info pal. I love the saloon and yes it looks way better. I ordered another golf gtd in September 21 and specd it with almost every option. Still no confirmed build date and still keeps getting moved. I will cancel the golf when I get a date for the Audi as they’ve never updated me to this day

Thanks for the info pal. I love the saloon and yes it looks way better. I ordered another golf gtd in September 21 and specd it with almost every option. Still no confirmed build date and still keeps getting moved. I will cancel the golf when I get a date for the Audi as they’ve never updated me to this day
No problem, I could not wait that long for a car to be built and delivered, as I say I was lucky with my A3 ordered April and delivered in June, surprisingly quick to be honest as I think lead times at the moment are about 6 months, a friend of mine ordered a golf GTD 2 years ago with every option added and received it last month! , I would have lost interest by then!

No problem, I could not wait that long for a car to be built and delivered, as I say I was lucky with my A3 ordered April and delivered in June, surprisingly quick to be honest as I think lead times at the moment are about 6 months, a friend of mine ordered a golf GTD 2 years ago with every option added and received it last month! , I would have lost interest by then!
I have a mk7.5 gtd and I love it but is 4 years old now so I thought a change would be good. I had an update unconfirmed week 38 and it’ll move again. I’m not excited anymore and to be honest it’s totally spoiled the new car feel.

which garage did you order from? I was told sept build date because of the model year change? also current spec doesn't include ambient lighting pack for A3 Black Edition - only LED lighting pack
Ordered from Newcastle

The s3’s don’t come with roof rails do they? I’ve seen a few S3’s with them but European ones so maybe we don’t have them? I don’t like them lol so hoping the cars don’t come with them

The s3’s don’t come with roof rails do they? I’ve seen a few S3’s with them but European ones so maybe we don’t have them? I don’t like them lol so hoping the cars don’t come with them
They used to be an option but yeah don’t come as standard.

Reactions: Jason1987
First post on here.

I ordered my A3 Sportback, Sport 35 tfsi s tronic with comfort + sound 2 weeks ago.

I was told to expect delivery towards the end of November.

Then I got an email last week to say that it was being built; with 3 weeks to completion.

Am I lucky with an earlier build slot or is this a sign that delivery times are coming down? Maybe the spec affects the delivery time?

First post on here.

I ordered my A3 Sportback, Sport 35 tfsi s tronic with comfort + sound 2 weeks ago.

I was told to expect delivery towards the end of November.

Then I got an email last week to say that it was being built; with 3 weeks to completion.

Am I lucky with an earlier build slot or is this a sign that delivery times are coming down? Maybe the spec affects the delivery time?
I'd speak with the dealership. Strongly suspect they already had a order in for a stock car, can't believe you could get a fresh order in and build in 2 weeks.

I got the same being built email with 3 weeks to competition last week after placing a order early March '23.

I ordered my my S3 sportback Vorsprung in May (week 20), it was already scheduled to be built week 22/23. Audi emailed me last Friday that it was on the ferry and that it had arrived in the UK on Tuesday.

Like many others, I am concerned about what features will be missing and this is souring the excitement of a new very expensivecar. I would of thought that the dealer would know about any build issues but they say they don't, mmmm.

I will update you when I collect the car, hopefully next week.
It's here!! Well chuffed! Would be nice if it stopped raining, but that didn't stop me washing it :)
S3 Vorsprung (MY23.5) complete with 360 degree camera, extended ambient lighting and 'Vorsprung' puddle lights, no missing features or issues so far.

I ordered it in the middle of May. It was an existing order that was in the system. According to the garage it was a stock order ~ week 16, built week 23 (June 8th?) and arrived in UK week 27 (4th July), at the dealer a week later. From reading various forums this seems too quick, but I'm not complaining :)
IMG 20230717 1338162

Reactions: Saral, JKP, Sparks43 and 6 others
It's here!! Well chuffed! Would be nice if it stopped raining, but that didn't stop me washing it :)
S3 Vorsprung (MY23.5) complete with 360 degree camera, extended ambient lighting and 'Vorsprung' puddle lights, no missing features or issues so far.

I ordered it in the middle of May. It was an existing order that was in the system. According to the garage it was a stock order ~ week 16, built week 23 (June 8th?) and arrived in UK week 27 (4th July), at the dealer a week later. From reading various forums this seems too quick, but I'm not complaining :)
View attachment 269156
Rear puddle lights too lol?

Slightly off topic for here. But having had mine for about 4 weeks now and done 3000 miles. The fuel tank and range is tiny! Getting on average 340 miles per full tank of fuel and what little added range the electric motor gives. A good car, but not one for anyone that does a lot of miles.

Ordered S3 saloon in the end of March 2023 with initial delivery estimate early October. The estimate was revised a few times, until I was told the car should be produced in late June 2023 (!) Then the car kept having these supposedly 1-week delays, until in early July I was told the car is now mostly manufactured (VIN is there!), but reportedly still waiting for some parts. Dealer was not in position to comment what exactly could be causing the delay. Speculations are that it could be a number of things, such as the engine itself, the adaptive dampers, the matrix headlights, the ambient lighting, the seat heaters, the parking sensors? No way of telling, but all I know is it really sucks to be so close, yet so far from actually receiving your new car and getting to take that breaking-in road trip during the summer months.

Slightly off topic for here. But having had mine for about 4 weeks now and done 3000 miles. The fuel tank and range is tiny! Getting on average 340 miles per full tank of fuel and what little added range the electric motor gives. A good car, but not one for anyone that does a lot of miles.
One of the downsides of the PHEV is it's equipped with a smaller fuel tank of 40L, compared with 50L in my 35 TFSI. I guess smaller size is needed for packaging of batteries and motor etc. I've had nearly 500 miles out of a tank on a long trip up to Scotland which I thought was pretty good.

I'd like the extra performance of a 40 or 45 PHEV, and the option of some electric miles, but overall I'm pretty pleased with choosing the 35 TFSI with a decent blend of performance, economy and range, slightly bigger boot and a few grand cheaper

Reactions: NevMan and Paulie69
One of the downsides of the PHEV is it's equipped with a smaller fuel tank of 40L, compared with 50L in my 35 TFSI. I guess smaller size is needed for packaging of batteries and motor etc. I've had nearly 500 miles out of a tank on a long trip up to Scotland which I thought was pretty good.

I'd like the extra performance of a 40 or 45 PHEV, and the option of some electric miles, but overall I'm pretty pleased with choosing the 35 TFSI with a decent blend of performance, economy and range, slightly bigger boot and a few grand cheaper
I've ordered a 2.0 diesel black edition s-tronic with tech pack pro, hopefully ill be getting high 50s same as my gtd

I suspect these cars are rolling off the production line much quicker now compared to last year due to parts shortage being resolved and interest rates on new cars now on top of the interest rates increased with mortgages is meaning they aren’t selling too well both a3/s3

Question , if my ordered car comes middle of August can I demand I get the car on September 1st with the new 73 reg . ?