A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Seems to be when it’s not direct from Audi dealer it takes longer? The last email I got was the preparation one sent on 10th July. Ordered the car mid June. Is that a good sign for timescales or is that email always sent a few weeks after ordering?
I got that email a few days after putting my order in which was 2nd week of May & i've heard nothing since, so not sure if it's like an auto email once the order is processed?

Leaseplan is the same company for me that my employer uses. Does the company you work for begin with B?

They haven't 'officially' told me... I email the Account Exec at Audi every month or so to query if there's any updates (as the only ones I get from LeasePlan is an automated one about every month with a 'your order is still on track' and on my last email to them, they said they were just in the process of updating the lead times to LeasePlan and as there was still no build week allocated at the factory they 'may' have to push the lead time out to Jan '24.
Yes it begins with a B :)

I was getting those automated emails as well. I spoke to the dealership that had actually ordered it for me to get an update about a month ago and they just said they'd had an unconfirmed build week of 39, so around 25th Sept, but this could still be pushed back.

Hopefully not but I'm guessing they'd have to let us know around Sept time if it is going to be delayed

I’ve had an email saying it’s all been checked and now it’s ready to leave the factory. Does anyone know how long it takes from factory to dealer please

For anyone who has received their car what notifications do you get from Audi just had my first email saying it’s going through the last checks like Paulie69. Eg do they tell you when it goes onto the ships ect

Reactions: Paulie69
Yes it begins with a B :)

I was getting those automated emails as well. I spoke to the dealership that had actually ordered it for me to get an update about a month ago and they just said they'd had an unconfirmed build week of 39, so around 25th Sept, but this could still be pushed back.

Hopefully not but I'm guessing they'd have to let us know around Sept time if it is going to be delayed
Lucky you! I haven't even got a build week. Mine is going through Leeds Audi - whos is yours with?

Does anyone know how the pdi works? Does it get delivered to my dealer with all the protective sheets etc on it how it left the factory and then my dealer give it a quick power wash? Or do they handwash and polish etc? As my dealer has a prep centre so I’m not sure if it all gets done there and then sent to my dealership all ready

Lucky you! I haven't even got a build week. Mine is going through Leeds Audi - whos is yours with?
Mines through some company called Sytner. Not sure if they're the same thing though.

The build week is very much unconfirmed at this point as well. More an estimate, like the delivery date

Mines through some company called Sytner. Not sure if they're the same thing though.

The build week is very much unconfirmed at this point as well. More an estimate, like the delivery date
Yes, Sytner here too. The way I understand it is they are just like a franchise, but it actually goes through the dealership. Maybe someone else can clarify that bit.

The corporate account executive I contact is a @sytner email but their signature says Leeds Audi... confusing!!

I've just had a look at the latest 'lead times' document published by LeasePlan - https://www.leaseplan.com/-/media/l...es/documents/LeasePlan-Vehicle-Lead-times.pdf - and it shows a lead time of just 23 weeks for the A3 Hybrid. When I ordered back in March it showed 30 weeks, and just about a month or so ago when I looked it was increased to 33 weeks with a comment noting that hybrids were taking significantly longer.

Maybe there is some good news coming..?

Yes, Sytner here too. The way I understand it is they are just like a franchise, but it actually goes through the dealership. Maybe someone else can clarify that bit.

The corporate account executive I contact is a @sytner email but their signature says Leeds Audi... confusing!!

I've just had a look at the latest 'lead times' document published by LeasePlan - https://www.leaseplan.com/-/media/l...es/documents/LeasePlan-Vehicle-Lead-times.pdf - and it shows a lead time of just 23 weeks for the A3 Hybrid. When I ordered back in March it showed 30 weeks, and just about a month or so ago when I looked it was increased to 33 weeks with a comment noting that hybrids were taking significantly longer.

Maybe there is some good news coming..?
Not sure if it’s the same Sytner, but sytner is a big group who have Audi dealers and others all over.

For anyone who has received their car what notifications do you get from Audi just had my first email saying it’s going through the last checks like Paulie69. Eg do they tell you when it goes onto the ships ect
I ordered my S3 saloon direct with Vindis Northampton in mid March and collected it a week ago, my Salesman kept me informed by telephone every 3 weeks or so, and even rang me while I was at my Daughters wedding in Greece. The original due date was November, and it slowly moved forward to early July, but then slipped back by a couple of weeks. (I didn't receive any emails, it was all verbal)
It arrived with everything I expected, although I would have liked keyless entry and ambient lights. The Dealer fitted the audi ring puddle lights in the front doors, but there are no lights in the rear doors.

I ordered my S3 saloon direct with Vindis Northampton in mid March and collected it a week ago, my Salesman kept me informed by telephone every 3 weeks or so, and even rang me while I was at my Daughters wedding in Greece. The original due date was November, and it slowly moved forward to early July, but then slipped back by a couple of weeks. (I didn't receive any emails, it was all verbal)
It arrived with everything I expected, although I would have liked keyless entry and ambient lights. The Dealer fitted the audi ring puddle lights in the front doors, but there are no lights in the rear doors.
I assume it wasn’t a black edition?

Ordered an A3 45 TFSIe S Line Competition through my employer on 14th March, confirmed as ordered with Audi dealership on 17th March.

Was quoted 30th November for delivery, have now been told it's pushed back to January '24.

Seems crazy that there is still such large delays!
I waited 22 months for my 45 Comp. I understand that the 45 Comp has the longest lead times out of all the A3models / versions.

It was a white mk8 gtd. sunroof hk reverse camera leather dcc. Johnson’s stoke should have the car sometime in august.19 inch wheel upgrade aswel

im seriously interested in this. I’m guessing the order is still in your name as they will have wanted the car.

how much did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking, I suspect the on the road price 2 years ago to current is significantly more, happy to give you a decent drink if something can be arranged at the old price you paid.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
im seriously interested in this. I’m guessing the order is still in your name as they will have wanted the car.

how much did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking, I suspect the on the road price 2 years ago to current is significantly more, happy to give you a decent drink if something can be arranged at the old price you paid.
To be honest I'm not sure i could get my hands on it now as i have cancelled but obviously the car is due sometime in the next week or so. Dan the new car sales manager is the guy to speak to. I think it was just under 40k in 2021 but I spec'd it nice. I could give him a ring and see where it lies if you like ??

Reactions: Tommm
I waited 22 months for my 45 Comp. I understand that the 45 Comp has the longest lead times out of all the A3models / versions.
Beyond depressing to hear... when did you order/when did you receive it?

To be honest I'm not sure i could get my hands on it now as i have cancelled but obviously the car is due sometime in the next week or so. Dan the new car sales manager is the guy to speak to. I think it was just under 40k in 2021 but I spec'd it nice. I could give him a ring and see where it lies if you like ??

please if you can, ideally if it can be obtainable at the price you paid happy to give you a decent drink.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
If I knew how I would mate
If u click on my profile name, a lil box should pop up, follow > ignore > start convo

I have also reported this post to see if I can grab admin attention to enable me to pm u in meantime if that doesn’t work

If u click on my profile name, a lil box should pop up, follow > ignore > start convo

I have also reported this post to see if I can grab admin attention to enable me to pm u in meantime if that doesn’t work
I’ve followed you pal but it doesn’t come up with convo

For private sales please list your parts or cars in the classified section do not use the member forums to conduct sales or transactions.
If you are a trader looking to purchase please use the correct procedures on this forum, classified ads are for private sales not trade or businesses.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Tommm
got this email today, order placed 2nd week of May.
IMG 6195

great to read email updates are coming through. my order was placed 25th May and dealer confirmed provisional build week 35. i have not had anything from Audi uk. Those who have received emails when did you order and what build week were you given?

great to read email updates are coming through. my order was placed 25th May and dealer confirmed provisional build week 35. i have not had anything from Audi uk. Those who have received emails when did you order and what build week were you given?
I placed a provisional order on the 12th May, which was confirmed on the 16th when the order books re-opened. I spoke to my dealer a few weeks ago and was told my car was in ‘Status 20’ with a build week of no 34 (21-27 Aug), which now all makes sense looking at the email!

you should hopefully hear something back soon, i'd also contact your audi centre you ordered from as they get more updates; i ordered 2nd week of may think it was the 9th & got my prep email the 12th